Why Bono wear shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are plenty of great pics of him without his glasses on during this tour, which I hope someone will post (please?).
Not looking even remotely insincere. He's just hiding.

I think it's to make up for the loss of the powermullet, but that's just me:wink:

Lewis12 said:
This is a really old thread, but...

Has anyone checked to see if he wears a prescription? Maybe he's near sighted and needs slight correction but not enough for contacts? I bet someone knows out there?

Come on people, has noone tracked down the Bono optometrist??? I woulda thought some diehard would've solved the mystery by now!!!!

:wink:

while watching the video for 'sweetest thing' it looks like the glasses' lens make his eyes look different, and when he takes them off during that one part you can see the major difference. those are clear but framed glasses though... so im asuming maybe they really are prescription now. maybe not before, but now. as in, the last few years. same for his regular tinted sunglasses. you can sometimes see they make his eyeballs look sized differently as opposed to when he doesnt have them on. like prescription glasses do. regular plain lenses wont do that.

blueeyedgirl said:

Come on people, has noone tracked down the Bono optometrist??? I woulda thought some diehard would've solved the mystery by now!!!!

:wink:

Mr. Lemon has tried on Bono's shades at the studio. He was asked on PLEBA if they were prescription and he said no.

I hope Bono will take them off, he has such pretty eyes!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Mr. Lemon has tried on Bono's shades at the studio. He was asked on PLEBA if they were prescription and he said no.

I agree. Bono's baby blues are amazing! But I have a feeling he's also trying to cover his crow's feet. Damn, a little botox and he'd be fine.

U2Kitten said:

I totally agree!! But he does look older when he doesn't have them on sometimes. Still sexy as hell, but older.:wink:

Well, Ok at least we all know now that his eyesight is 20-20 now. Mystery solved. That's great, because I have wondered for some time now.

So it's for style then? Hey, I like his shades personally. They aren't always that dark either, you can see his eyes -- sorta.

Then I'm awfully glad he didn't take them off when I met him at work last year. I never would have lived that down!

:lol:

Maybe the reason is because he has so many wrinkles and he's trying to hide them?. Who knows? :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom