Why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:

The maximum number of U2 songs that description could POSSIBLY apply to is MAYBE 3 or 4. I love the ENTIRE U2 catalog up THROUGH ATYCLB. Don't make inaccurate generalizations.

As for the original topic, saying that, in order to love a band, you must love ALL of their songs and records, that kind of mindset is similar to the mindset that some people have of 'My country, right or wrong'. Sometimes one of the most profound displays of love for your country can be the act of calling it out when it is wrong, and sometimes one of the most profound displays of love for any artist of any kind is calling it out when you believe they are performing at a level beneath what they are capable of.

And Mofo would be at the top of that list.

How do you feel about a tune that was such an obvious attempt to predict market trends and gain from it?

MrBrau1 said:

And Mofo would be at the top of that list.

How do you feel about a tune that was such an obvious attempt to predict market trends and gain from it?

I think they at least did a good job of it. They tried to do the same thing(with a different trend) with Vertigo and it didn't do it for me nearly as much as Mofo did.

namkcuR said:

I think they at least did a good job of it. They tried to do the same thing(with a different trend) with Vertigo and it didn't do it for me nearly as much as Mofo did.

fair enough.

I luvs all periods of U2. I think people give a little too much credit to the 90's and hate on the 00's too much

Just cuz some people think they are writing/singing/etc at their best level, doesnt make it true.

it's all personal preference and you enjoy the music you enjoy. theres no such thing as fact in music. except like... what key your play in and stuff.

but in the end, i think these last 2 albums were really really great and get hated on too much because you couldnt wave glowsticks to them and Bano didnt come out in a pink leotard with a gasmask on before he sang them in front of a giant jack in the box. cuz people on this forum seem to worship that shit. :barf:

god bless Our Teh U2 for going back to music that sounds like their best era (i.e. 80's)

and thats a fact, imo. :wink:

Hello, love_u2_adam. :flirt:

I don't know why there are people out there who don't like all of U2's work. They must be crazy, huh? :happy:

love_u2_adam said:
hey sumtimes u cant make it on ur own (dismantled) is really good im lisining to it now!!!!

was this for me? :shifty:

good...I'm...errr....glad you like it:shifty:

:wink:

karls77 said:
:bow: love_u2_adam

Someone needs to give this person a kiss on the cheek......... or a bitch slap.........I can't decide which would be more appropriate!!!

:lol: lets give her a kiss.....and a dictionary:sigh:

btw..I think she is pretty young...edit to say yes...she is 13:ohmy: :huh:

13?? :ohmy: uhhhh....... I'll take back the bit about the bitch slap then! :reject:

Yes, a dictionary would be a good idea. Also, perhaps the mods could check into getting some sort of interference spell check?? :wink:

I personally don't pay any attention to people who bash Bono coz it's obvious to me that they don't know anything about him. All that matters is that we know the truth, and all the neigh sayers can F:censored: !!!!:evil:

Allow me to summarize what I have been trying to say recently!

I think there are U2 fans that ABSOLUTELY go mental for them - worship the ground they walk on - believe they can do no wrong - and/or acknowledge that generally and overall they are the greatest band to have come out yet.

Surely these people have favorites - songs they prefer over other songs.

Then I would say that you have te second-tier U2 fan - fans that love a lot of their stuff, but are highly critical of some of their stuff. These fans can be, on occasion, quite indifferent towards U2 some of the time! These fans also don't necessarily rank U2 as the best band ever - they may like other bands equally as much or more.

Then there is the third-tier U2 fan - fans that love quite a few of their songs, but could just as easily do without more than half of their catalog. These same fans love other bands a lot more - even bands that I might consider incompatible with U2.

And that's how I see it and you can't change my mind!

DISCUSS!

:)

twochordcool said:
Allow me to summarize what I have been trying to say recently!

I think there are U2 fans that ABSOLUTELY go mental for them - worship the ground they walk on - believe they can do no wrong - and/or acknowledge that generally and overall they are the greatest band to have come out yet.

The blind sheeps :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom