Who's the oldest/ first U2 concert ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache

Acrobat
I am ancientish

12/13 June 1987 Wembley London were my first U2 Live experiences

I cant remember much apart from being really really drunk

youtwohearts said:
Okay you beat me. I was a fan since War 1983 but didn't see a concert until ZooTV. Still kicking myself over it.

I know there are much more ancient ones here.

Indeed there are. May 27, 1983, Portland.

Fan since Unforgettable Fire (but not a hyooge fan until Rattle and Hum). First concert was Zoo TV in Madison, WI.

corianderstem said:
Fan since Unforgettable Fire (but not a hyooge fan until Rattle and Hum). First concert was Zoo TV in Madison, WI.

I was at that concert, too. Good times.

The first time I saw U2 was in June of 1986 during the Conspiracy of Hope Tour for Amnesty International.

A friend of a friend was at the San Jose auditorium (SJ State?)when they first played the Bay Area. She brought her daughter and Bono carried her around on her shoulders. Myself, I kept wanting to see them from 83 on but thinking they were too big(ha, ha). Finally saw them on the first leg in 87 at the Cow Palace in SF.

Originally posted by u2granny

May 27, 1983, Portland.

:ohmy: ... I saw them right before you did !! :wink:

My first U2 concert was on May 21, 1983 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. :bow:

I was not old enough to go by myself with my friends.

I went to the concert with my older brother and sister.

MsMofoGone said:

:ohmy: ... I saw them right before you did !! :wink:

My first U2 concert was on May 21, 1983 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. :bow:

I was not old enough to go by myself with my friends.

I went to the concert with my older brother and sister.

:lol: I was definately old enough to go alone. But I didn't.

I saw them in Larry's kitchen back when they were the Feedback. Leaning the chair back on two legs, listening to the hints of things to come. Dick showed the best promise, but they were all very nice to me. Offering snacks.

I guess that I am winning so far....my first U2 concert was on February 28th 1983 at the Edinburgh Playhouse. I think it was a Monday and I think it was the same day that War was released.

I was 16 at the time and I think the ticket cost £3.50. 18 months later they played the Playhouse aagin and I think that the ticket price had rocketed up to £4.50:huh:

Fan since War, first saw them on May 10, 1987 Hartford.

In 1985, when I was 14, my mother would not allow me to to see them in Worcester during the Unforgettable Fire tour. I simply could not convince her that I would not take up pot smoking or get stabbed if I went. Then the Live Aid and Conspiracy of Hope broadcasts ran, and she became a fan.

So, I can't brag about being there in 85:(

I DO have War on LP though:yes:

I became a fan during the ATYCLB/HTDAAB era. But not because of those songs. I became a fan when I heard Pride :heart:.

My 1st concert will be December 4th, unless I can get tickets for October. I can't wait. :)

MissMoo said:
Finally saw them on the first leg in 87 at the Cow Palace .

:ohmy: wowee zowee the cow palace... thats such a small venue to see them in (well relatively) .. ive been there a couple of times (to see other bands play - i think beck/orbital) ... & i can just imagine u2 there... and during jt tour too... gahh

I've been a fan since ATYCLB era but not because of that cd, but rather because of their earlier stuff (ex. Bad, WTSHNN, SBS, etc.)

and I've yet to see them :sigh: ...
... but I plan on storing all the dvd's/live recordings of them so far, and show them to my nonexisting kids and rub it in their face and tell them that they missed out on the greatest rock band ever :D

I'm gonna be an awesome mother :laugh:

I save my ticket stubs.

February 2, 1982 // Headliners, Madison Wisc. - face value on ticket $6.00 - (None of my friends wanted to come to this show. Losers! BONUS: had a drink w/Adam at the bar after the show!)

May 21, 1983 // Aragon Brawlroom, Chicago, IL - $10.00 - Love that they recorded Live at Red Rocks just a few weeks later, on June 5. Incredible.

June 13, 1986 // Rosemont Horizon, Chicago - Conspiracy of Hope show, $36.00. First time I cried at a U2 show (my first live "Bad")

April 29, 1987 // Rosemont Horizon, Chicago - $14.50 - I have absolutely no recollection of this show. I used to drink a lot.

October 29, 1997 // Metrodome, Minneapolis - $52.50 - Pop tour; guess I was one of the few who "got it". Fucking hilarious!

May 1, 2001 // Target Center, Minneapolis - $45.00 - Last minute nosebleed seat, sound not loud enough...disappointed enough to leave early, during the first encore.

To come: September 25, 2005 // Bradley Center, Milwaukee - $173.00 (<<< face value!). Turn it up loud, O'Herlihy...

1986 Conspiracy of Hope at the Cow Palace (I became a fan when I heard Pride but for some reason *kicks self* I didn't see them when they played the Civic Auditorium in '85 on the actual Unforgettable Fire Tour).

MissMoo - I was at one of those JT shows at the Cow Palace as well. Amazing show!

>My first U2 concert was on May 21, 1983 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago

Me, too! I was there! Didn't The Waterboys open for them??

u2granny said:

:lol: I was definately old enough to go alone. But I didn't.

:ohmy:

:giggle:

Actually, back in those days, it was my parents that had certain standards of just how old their children SHOULD BE when going to a rock n roll concert ... :shrug:
That is why my older brother and sister came with me !! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom