Who's Ready For Chicago?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Thought I'd post this as a single thread (outside of Now Departing) for all us Chicago people!
biggrin.gif

I have my tickets, have my bag packed, now all I need to know is-where are you all going to be?
wink.gif
I vaguely remember something mentioned about a Hard Rock party on the 14th-is this still happening?

OK....2 days and I'll be there-see you all then!

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Coming to Chicago on the 15th, leaving on the 16th (note to self: remember to call for motel). Don't have to worry about waiting in line, as I'll be seeing it with GCs.

If anyone wants to see me with my new sexymelonhaircut, perhaps something can be arranged. Although I have enjoyed my anonymity up to this point....
tongue.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Driving up Tuesday morning, then back that night. Lotsa miles on a car that probably doesn't need to have too many miles on it. But it's well worth it for U2. Whoever is waiting in the GA line on the 16th, see you there!

------------------
Change is the only constant

I'm ready!!!!!! I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. Taking the train down, staying with my friend (Hallelujah Here She Comes). After fun in Chicago and 2 concerts (see you in the GA line on the 16th!), I have to be back in Madison on Wednesday morning (after no sleep for about 2 days) for my 8:25 class. Fun! But I absolutely cannot complain.

------------------
"'We can peck you to death,' is their unmistakable message, 'and the authorities will do nothing to us, because we are ducks.'"
--Ducks (Dave Barry), "Fore! II"

See you in the GA line both days! Driving down Monday morning, driving back Tuesday night. I'am going to be exhausted! But it is worth it obviously. I'am still coming down from the Notre Dame show and in 3 days I get to see them again! To much is not enough!

Originally posted by melon:
Coming to Chicago on the 15th, leaving on the 16th (note to self: remember to call for motel). Don't have to worry about waiting in line, as I'll be seeing it with GCs.

If anyone wants to see me with my new sexymelonhaircut, perhaps something can be arranged. Although I have enjoyed my anonymity up to this point....
tongue.gif

Melon

melon, I'd like to arrange something!
biggrin.gif
I'll be there for both shows (GA line the 15th baby!)so if anyone wants to meet the Infamous Popwhore...let me know too. lol

Salome-are you seriously going? Yay!!!
smile.gif

*shakes it*

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I will be in the GA line both days as well. I still can't find an answer to my parking question, can anyone help? The United Center lots do not open until 11 am for GA ticket holders. If I want to be in line before that, where can I park? Did anyone do this last time?

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

The Countdown Begins! See ya' there on Monday, and hopefully Tuesday! Whooop Whooop!...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Originally posted by thehepcat:
I will be in the GA line both days as well. I still can't find an answer to my parking question, can anyone help? The United Center lots do not open until 11 am for GA ticket holders. If I want to be in line before that, where can I park? Did anyone do this last time?

Yeah, it seems that this will be the biggest trick of this whole event! Here's a small GA parking thread of mine...
http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum23/HTML/000587.html

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I'm ready!!!!!! I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. Taking the train down, staying with my friend (Hallelujah Here She Comes). After fun in Chicago and 2 concerts (see you in the GA line on the 16th!), I have to be back in Madison on Wednesday morning (after no sleep for about 2 days) for my 8:25 class. Fun! But I absolutely cannot complain.

Aaaack! I can't wait for you to get here, girl! Your arrival marks the *official* start of our U2 weekend and now that I'm done with my classes for the week (watching the clock slowly tick at work. tick...tock...tick ........tock) I have nothing to clog up my brain except for happy thoughts of U2! Just...Can't...Wait....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"He's not great at the old driving."
-Larry, on Bono

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 10-12-2001).]

I'm coming to Chicago!
wavey.gif

I'll be flying up on Sunday morning and doing the tourist thing that day. I might be checking out that party at Hard Rock, too, providing that they actually got my RSVP e-mail! Even if they didn't, I may be wild and crash it anyway!
ylsuper.gif

Monday, of course, is the concert!
biggrin.gif
Since my ticket is GA, I'll probably see a lot of you in line there. I am curious as to when you need to show up to get in the heart. I don't think that I am brave enough to camp out in front of the United Center!
eek.gif

Monday night:
jump.gif

Tuesday morning means flying back home. I only had the time to see the first show. Four hours after I land, I have to be back at work. I should be in really good shape the rest of the week!
freak6.gif
I suppose one has to suffer for U2!

Bonochick... we'll bring you to the concert in spirit!
smile.gif

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Burning_Azalea (edited 10-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Burning_Azalea (edited 10-12-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom