Who's heard Green Day's new album? Yes, this is U2 related...lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
Well, as for the album, I really don't like Green day or pop punks of today but i gave it a listen to see what U2 was up against. Meh, not bad, same damn guitar sound in evfery frigin song though, I was like, "damn, step on your pedal already," lol!

Theres about 3 decent-good songs on there, boulevard of dreams, extraordinary girl, and ummm, something else.

Anyway, I was shocked when I heard one of the tracks, just forgot the name of it, but it has Bullet the Blue Sky's drumming, almost exact, then this little dinky chiming acoustic guitar thing comes in and it's hillarious, I was expecting, BLAM!!!!! lol, anyone else notice this???:wink:

The Bullet the Blue Sky-like drums are on "Give Me Novacaine"

I give them credit for trying to make a rock opera......

Green Day are okay. I like the single "American Idiot", but most of their stuff just doesn't do it for me. They're amazing musically, though.

I'm not really about their single "American Idiot" but it is artistic freedom. I think their last 3 albums have been amazing though. They're the only punk band I can stand.

Their recent album is really quiet good. It is a juxtaposition of Queen (I'm going to get killed for saying that i'm sure), the Who, and the Ramones. I can't remember the exact name, but the song wake me up when september ends is unbelievably good. It is a real strong album.

Yahweh said:
Green Day has been crap since they came out...

Yep, total agreement there. I find their songs to be inane and uncreative. They're just another wannabe punk band.

I keep myself from listening to albums where there's an EXPLICIT on it...but...I've listened to a few tracks....

why the fuck would you fuckin' do something so fuckin' stupid?
ah, it's good to be so mature.
yes, i'm hesitant in sending this because it is obviously the sign of a college student who hasn't slept but one hour in the last 30 hours.

The band that brought you "Dookie" brings you a punk rock opera!

There's a couple songs on there that borrow from several other bands.. I wonder if it was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom