Who's gonna ride your wild horses ruins actung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also wholeheartedly disagree. This song means a lot to me and it's kind of my personal centerpiece of the album. I think if any song interrupts the flow of the album, it's "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)" or "Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World". And those are not bad songs, just not the best ones I think the album has to offer.

sadly I have to agree....for me it's the worst song on the record and doesn't fit....
TTTYAATW is also bland and not a good song for me personaly, but at least the feeling of it fits the record...

sadly I have to agree....for me it's the worst song on the record and doesn't fit....
TTTYAATW is also bland and not a good song for me personaly, but at least the feeling of it fits the record...

I'd love it if you could tell me how WGRYWH doesn't fit the feeling of this record....please? I personally think it fits fine.

I'd love it if you could tell me how WGRYWH doesn't fit the feeling of this record....please? I personally think it fits fine.

you personally think, and so do I :)
don't get mad just because we have different taste...

It doesn't fit for me because I find it too sweet and sugary in terms of music mostly, but I don't like the lyrics either. It has no "edge" the other songs have...

Of course, that is my personal opinion and it doesn't make you wrong... So that is why I will not ask you to explain to me how does it fit :)

cheers and be cool

Tryin to Throw... is so sexy! Six o clock in the morning... you're the last to hear the warning... you been tryin to throw your arms around the world! What a sexy groove! And that version from disc 2 of Zoo TV is :combust:

I also wholeheartedly disagree. This song means a lot to me and it's kind of my personal centerpiece of the album. I think if any song interrupts the flow of the album, it's "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)" or "Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World". And those are not bad songs, just not the best ones I think the album has to offer.

I think each song on that album holds its place... it's why I love the album. I could see where people are coming from about Ultraviolet, but I still don't agree.

Someone once described Tryin to Throw... as the light before the dark tunnel. The album's already taken you on a rollercoaster ride, and Trying to Throw is the last glimpse of light before the final three.

Tryin to Throw... is so sexy! Six o clock in the morning... you're the last to hear the warning... you been tryin to throw your arms around the world! What a sexy groove! And that version from disc 2 of Zoo TV is :combust:

:yes: Take it from the 90s man himself. Correctemundo

I hated the album version of the song. That ridiculous intro. may have fit in with the "experimental" design of the album, but it didn't blend with the song. The single version was so much better.

Trouble is, the single version is questionable on the album. In some sense, it belongs (due to the presence of "One"). In some sense, one could argue that it would have been a great b-side (and perhaps "Salome" put on the album instead).

I do like the Hi-C note though. :yes: Mmmm... Hi-C. :drool:

the song is mediocre and just simply doesnt fit with the rest of the album. i understand they were trying to put a single on the album but the song is just week compaired to the rest of the material. It is amazing however despite the week song actung baby is still their best album as the other material is so strong

I used to think "Ultraviolet" was the weakest song, but I agree. I never want to listen to it. Apparently, the band wasn't too happy with it either. I wonder why they released it as a single, then? Still a fairly good song, though.

I hated the album version of the song. That ridiculous intro. may have fit in with the "experimental" design of the album, but it didn't blend with the song. The single version was so much better.

Trouble is, the single version is questionable on the album. In some sense, it belongs (due to the presence of "One"). In some sense, one could argue that it would have been a great b-side (and perhaps "Salome" put on the album instead).

Did you notice that the video version is a combo of both the album version and the single version?

I love the dissonance with the guitar in one ear and the violin in the other. Perhaps they dirtied this up to fit on AB, but I think it sounds great. Was my favorite when I bought the album, and still love it.

The Temple Bar version is a fucking abomination, and the acoustic live versions are equally bad, draining the song of its haunting quality. The show from Amsterdam on Vertigo shows you how much this song could kill live if they did it right. Edge's electric guitar work=brillance.

That's a very good point. The album version had some great background guitar work. And "haunting" is the right word to describe that.

I find most U2 acoustic versions pale in comparison to the live versions. Radiohead U2 is not. The exception might be "Stuck in a Moment" which isn't quite as good, but still good.

I find most U2 acoustic versions pale in comparison to the live versions. Radiohead U2 is not. The exception might be "Stuck in a Moment" which isn't quite as good, but still good.

:hmm:

I'm not quite sure what you mean...."most acoustic versions pale in comparison to the live versions" ? Aren't the acoustic versions live? Do you mean full band as opposed to acoustic?

and..."Radiohead U2 is not." ? Clarify please. :)

If I hear another mention of Hi-C, :banghead:

the song is mediocre and just simply doesnt fit with the rest of the album. i understand they were trying to put a single on the album but the song is just week compaired to the rest of the material. It is amazing however despite the week song actung baby is still their best album as the other material is so strong

I agree, top song, but on an album full of masterpieces, it just never cut it for me. I hated it at first but have grown to like it more down the years.

Funny i really love this song...I could mention another song that didnt fit the album, but ill leave it!!:up:

Back
Top Bottom