Who's gonna direct Vertigo's clip ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Man Ray

The Fly
I 've read somewhere that it could be Scorcese or Neil jordan...but who knows the answer ?

I don't like the idea of Scorcese directing it, that could be horrible.

I'd like to see it going to someone a bit younger and fresher, like David Fincher (Fight Club, Seven, Panic Room), his style would really suit Vertigo's sound. U2 seem to be coming back fresher and younger sounding than they have in years, I'd like to see the video do something along the same lines.

check out u2log.com

if it the guys that did the White Stripes videos we should be in for something interesting...

Yeah, Michel & Olivier Gondry would be sweet, you'd be reassured a cracking video. I'm not really keen on the idea of a big movie director for Vertigo (unless it's someone like Fincher), if it's true they're going for some bigshot movie director we can be safe to assume it won't be Michel & Olivier Gondry.

Can't be that long until they start shooting it I would have thought, maybe they already have!

I don't like the movie director thing either, just get an awesome video director. I picture the video being dark like night club scenes but then lots of flashing colors or other effects emphasizing a feeling of vertigo.

EvolutionMonkey said:
I don't like the movie director thing either, just get an awesome video director. I picture the video being dark like night club scenes but then lots of flashing colors or other effects emphasizing a feeling of vertigo.

That's the kinda video I'm hoping for as well! that'd be real sweet.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
alex & martin

YEEAAHH!!! it was actually them that did the video for Seven Nations Army...

The last time U2 did a totally new, inventive and unexpected video (in my eyes) was The Fly so I hope we're going to get something equally surprising this time... fingers crossed.

There are reports about U2 recording the video in Spain... in a place called Delta del Ebro...

What's up with U2 and Spain lately? Leaked clips from Spain, Bono starting "Vertigo" in spanish, now the video filmed in Spain...

A well known movie director, it was said.

I'd say Scorsese is returning the favor for Hands that built America. If not him, I don't know, Wim Wenders again?

BTW, how odd we have heard nothing on the new video yet, it's mid September, one week or so from radio premiere, and the video is to be out next month.

scorsese has only done one music video... michael jackson's Bad... which of course, was shot in a new york city subway... all of scorsese's works have something to do with new york city, so unless vertigo's gonna take place in the NYC as well, i'd count him out...

besides... "industry sources" have already said alex & martin, the guys who did 7 nation army, will be doing Vertigo.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
scorsese has only done one music video... michael jackson's Bad... which of course, was shot in a new york city subway... all of scorsese's works have something to do with new york city, so unless vertigo's gonna take place in the NYC as well, i'd count him out...

besides... "industry sources" have already said alex & martin, the guys who did 7 nation army, will be doing Vertigo.

This is a cool decision, i totally see a trippy video in my imagination like Seven Nation Army. Can't wait for the vid.

Back
Top Bottom