Who's been a U2 fan the longest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm only 22 ... but i do think i have the record for oldest u2 screen name. i got "u2man" in 6th grade and still use it!!! no "bonorocks324723946234" for me! :) remember america online back in the day? ahh, fond memories of "compacting my personal filing cabinet" when i had too many emails and downloading u2 midis 'cause they were so badass.............
sigh

Yahweh_OMG said:
since 1990 for me..... some people must be old in this forum...;)

but i heard them before whitout knowing it was them..... my sisters are 35..... i remember New Year's day back in the day when I was 7.

Yes i was 22 when U2 was at their peak 1991. Ahhhhh if the people here remember how COOL U2 were in 1991/92 then they would agree that nothing else touches that era!

1980 - My uncle gave me his LP copy of Boy(my first album) and didn't really listen to it fully for a couple of years. Then one day I was playin video games in an arcade in Westmoreland St, Dublin when I heard Fire and it blew me away. Haven't looked back since.

Funny though, I've gone back to listen to Boy quite a lot since 99 and it's probably my favourite now.

i'm only 19 and I only really started really paying attention to U2 when I was about 11 -13. My uncle wanted to take me to the Popmart concert and then I begged my parents to let me go and they said I was too young. After that I started buying the albums. I only owned Pop and really hated it until about last year.

My uncle (the one who wanted to take me to Popmart) is the oldest U2 fan I know. He seen them one of the first times they played in Belfast.

My uncle: "They were crap, I mean there were only like 50 other people in the place and there was Bone-o belting out his tunes"

They did something right to make him a fan though. :up:

1984 for me. It was Pride. Hooked me like a trout and I'm still on the line. 20 years!!! Wooo Hoooo! I'm a fan longer than some of you been born. That sounds so cool!

Back
Top Bottom