Who Would You Like U2 To Work With

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you mean producers or other musicians/bands??? if its other musicians then i would love to see an Oasis & U2 collaboration....

Man, good question. Trent Reznor, I'm over the moon he's done a remix of Vertigo, and also rumoured 3 other tracks. But I'd love to see what they'd come up with together.

Outkast!
Ok, out of personal interest, i'd like to see them collaborate with some hip-hop big shot.

Other than that, an act like Bjork, Venus Hum or Frou Frou would be cool vocally.

Rick Rubin or Nigel Goodrich. Or just Jonny Greenwood. Or the Gallagher bros.

Lo-Fi said:
Man, good question. Trent Reznor, I'm over the moon he's done a remix of Vertigo, and also rumoured 3 other tracks. But I'd love to see what they'd come up with together.

Perhaps him doing these remixes is testing the water for a future collab project?

following beau2ifulday's idea - I would love to hear U2 do some concert work with the Neville Brothers (again) and the Staples Singers.

If you've ever heard Mavis Staples sing, you would know why I'd love to see her duet with Bono.:wink:

Definitely more collaboration with African-American and world musicians.

Thanks for asking this question.

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:up:

beau2ifulday said:
Outkast!
Ok, out of personal interest, i'd like to see them collaborate with some hip-hop big shot.

Big Boi was quoted in Vibe Magazine (I think it was Vibe) that his favorite band was U2 (introduced to him by his uncle) and that he'd love to work with them in the future.

Anybody but Radiohead as much as I think they are an alright band I think they should learn to make music for people to listen to rather then make music to please the critics.

If Radiohead did a true rock album it would be excellent but I doubt thats going to happen because I dont think they will be around much longer myself.

It's time for Lilywhite to hit the bricks.
I'd love to hear a Rick Rubin produced song but to tell you the truth and I think we all know it-Eno and Lanois, from beginning to end.
Time to knock one out of the park.

Also-whoever said Mavis Staples-genius. She did a song with Natalie Merchant recently-it was great.
I'd love to see backup singers and extra musicians brought in here and there.
Love to hear some duest with some females etc.
Real singers not just pop stars.

Another idea I've always had and which I thought might happen after the Mandela concert- Dave Stewart. His work with Sinead was one of the most overlooked and underrated albums of all time.

Here's my wish list:

1. First, bring back the all-star producer lineup from Achtung Baby: Lanois/Eno, plus Lilywhite, and Flood. Then, let Jacknife Lee join the jedi council, and make him a permanent member.

2. Collaborate with a mega rap/hip-hop star and have a number one pop single.

3. Make some traditional, brooding, Irish ballads with celtic instruments and a backing band.

4. Make the next album in a weird, vibrant, inspiring location. No more Dublin for a while, unless it's just to put the finishing touches on the record. Remember how well this worked for Joshua Tree (California / LA), Achtung Baby (Berlin), and Zooropa (on tour for ZooTV)?

5. Change your sound siginificantly somehow, again. Just for old times' sake. And show everyone that you're not done re-inventing yourselves.

Lyric,
I couldn't agree more.
I think its time to shake things up a bit (not complaining about what they've put out recently at all) but I think its time for some uncomfortableness. Rough around the edges as it were. Also, I agree with the location, make it work not some comfy homey place. Go somehere and be inspired, India, Tokyo, Africa!! Can you imagine?
Maybe work in Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios?

Back
Top Bottom