Who Would You Like U2 To Work With

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For producing, someone new this time. They worked with Eno/Lanois and Lillywhite on the last two albums, time to get someone fresh and new.

If not, how about just Lanois producing for once? Eno got a chance on Passengers and Zooropa partially.

THE NEPTUNES. Even if it was just a single. As producers they are up there with Rubin, Eno et al. Maybe DJ Shadow and Tim Simenon too.

-Elvis Costello
-Jimmy Page
-Bob Dylan...(again)
-Nick Cave
-R.E.M.
-Thom York or Johnny Greenwood
-Chris Martin (on piano and vocal harmony; Edge on guitar ...would be cool i think)

John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan or Frank Sinatra.

Oh sh1t they're all dead. I agree with those who said Depeche Mode.

Headache, according to the current Australian edition of Rolling Stone which has a big article with U2 (check out PLEBA for more details), Bono said that U2 DID do a song with Dr. Dre called "Treason" but it didn't make the cut for HTDAAB!

Thought you might want to know. :up:

- Italian singer Elisa -- you probably don't know her but she's great and she sings just in English!

- Oasis

- the Boss

Jamila said:
Headache, according to the current Australian edition of Rolling Stone which has a big article with U2 (check out PLEBA for more details), Bono said that U2 DID do a song with Dr. Dre called "Treason" but it didn't make the cut for HTDAAB!

Thought you might want to know. :up:

oh reeeeally now :hmm:

i hope it turns up somewhere. dre is a great producer... would love to see how he'd do with a proper rock song. rick rubin managed to switch from rap producer to rock producer quite well... i'd imagine dre' or the neptunes could do the same.

another one i'd add to my list is The RZA. he did wonders producing the Kill Bill soundtrack... i'd like to see him do a few rock tunes as well.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

oh reeeeally now :hmm:

i hope it turns up somewhere. dre is a great producer... would love to see how he'd do with a proper rock song. rick rubin managed to switch from rap producer to rock producer quite well... i'd imagine dre' or the neptunes could do the same.

another one i'd add to my list is The RZA. he did wonders producing the Kill Bill soundtrack... i'd like to see him do a few rock tunes as well.

They did a song with dr dre??? wow! His dramatic production style would be veerry interesting with the U2 sound I bet :D

Neil Young. Everyone seems to take it up a notch when they play with Neil. Can you possibly imagine an even more energized Bono?

I can tell you who I would NOT like to see U2 perform with.....the London Symphony Orchestra (or any orchestra for that matter). To me the sign that it's really all over for an aging rock band is when they record an album with an orchestra. To me, it's always been the equivalent of saying "we have nothing left to say". Please, let them never record with an orchestra. I don't think they ever would.

This is a good thread...thanks.

I'd also really like to see Jonny Greenwood work with the Edge if not the whole band (or Doug Martsch of Built to Spill work with Bono).

A companion question could also be if U2 were to get another guitarist (say, just for touring, like REM does), who would you want it to be? Somebody well known (like Peter Buck) or a no-name?

Judah said:

A companion question could also be if U2 were to get another guitarist (say, just for touring, like REM does), who would you want it to be? Somebody well known (like Peter Buck) or a no-name?

This is a very interesting question. Though I don't think they would ever do this, I do think that it could be pretty cool if they get the right person. Hmm...Peter Buck is already involved with a tour and (supposedly) recording another R.E.M. album in '06 or late '05 (still rumors though). I'll have to think on this one for a while. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom