Who Will Ultimately Pay From Our Outrage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mark Freedman said:

A true voice of reason, sallycinnamon78. I could not have said it better myself. People may call us U2 apologists, but I couldn't care less. Yes, the buck stops with them, but having run a growing company for over 12 years, I can completely sympathize with having to delegate the business functions to people that you want to, and need to trust, but let you down and tarnish your image. I'm sure they feel like hell right now.

Do you, as a businessman, then jump in and get your hands dirty trying to help resolve the situation and make sure it doesn't happen again? Or, do you leave it to the faulty party to whom you've delegated the business function in question to come up with an answer, and make no personal statement or commitment to your clientele? As the head of your company, how do you respond to this kind of situation? I ask because it would make me feel better as a fan to hear one member of the band say, "Hey, this got screwed up - we're working it out."

Last edited:
indra said:

High altitude tends to give people nosebleeds. "Nosebleed" seats are way up high in the arena, and very far from the stage.

It's either that or you get a little packet of cocaine when you buy those seats.... ;)

I've heard the phrase "sponsored by Coke", but that's just going too far. :lol:

Shade said:

As the head of your company, how do you respond to this kind of situation? I ask because it would make me feel better as a fan to hear one member of the band say, "Hey, this got screwed up - we're working it out."

Which we have, literally, just heard. Patience is a good thing! :)

Shade said:

Do you, as a businessman, then jump in and get your hands dirty trying to help resolve the situation and make sure it doesn't happen again? Or, do you leave it to the faulty party to whom you've delegated the business function in question to come up with an answer, and make no personal statement or commitment to your clientele? As the head of your company, how do you respond to this kind of situation? I ask because it would make me feel better as a fan to hear one member of the band say, "Hey, this got screwed up - we're working it out."

Absolutely, it is my responsibility to handle the situation. And it is up to me to make the apology. Like I said, the buck does stop with the band. All I'm saying is that most businesspeople can relate to the difficulties of delegating to those you trust, but are let down, nonetheless.

I'm glad they (through Larry) finally publically apologized. It was a little slow, but I'm sure it took a little while for them to say something that not only took the shape of an apology, but that also specified the action taken to rectify the situation. I understand that many people were getting impatient (naturally), but how would we have felt if all they did was apologize, and nothing else? ("Hi, sorry for the screw ups, and have a nice day.")

Well that first post is just humorous.

THE HONOR OF U2 WILL NEVER BE ASSUAGED OF THIS FOUL FOUL DARK TIME!

The general public does not give a shit.

Back
Top Bottom