Who was in Lexington one year ago today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I was! U2 flew down and flew right back to Cleveland. It was an awesome show! It was the first time I saw the blue in Bono's eyes in person, and I screamed like a teenybopper in those old Beatles news stories! I think I scared him. Of course the show was great, but my fondest memories are of just being blown away by how close the band was! It doesn't seem like a year, I can't believe it!

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

I was, I was! I was just thinking about that yesterday. When I heard the Kentucky Derby was this weekend, I thought, 'HEY!'

Plus, I recently got the Lexington show from U2BloodRedSky, so I've been reliving every second of it while trying to optimize the recording for CD burning.

Great experience, all together. Sat on the concrete from noon that day, ate Wendy's from the mall for dinner, stood 3-4 people back from the stage in the heart.... Great!

Hey Mole! That mall was cool and all too handy, wasn't it? Everybody was so cool about letting each other take breaks and the AC felt so good! It reminded me of the Kentucky Derby too, and how I cared more about U2, how could anyone not?
wink.gif
Did you get to see Bono when he came to greet the GA line? There were too many people crowded in and I missed him.
frown.gif

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Oh! I was there as well - my first Elevation tour show.
smile.gif
My friend who went with me wasn't as big of a fan as I am, so I spent the whole day trying to get her to the line (got there just as Bono was leaving from visiting the line
frown.gif
). I did find a few fellow crazed fans to chat with and got right up front in the heart - truly amazing show. I remember this other huge fan I met in line and I continuously counted the number of people in line in front of us to be sure we'd make it in the heart. Oh, also made it to the derby...

Here's Bono when he jumped down after WOWY and ran past the crowd! He touched my friend's hand!

__hr_U21-1.jpg

Here he is greeting the GA line!

__hr_bonolexington.jpg

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

I was there, on the sidewalk since 11AM. I met several people from online there, but I missed Crzy, who I know was there. I met a lady with an Interference tag who called herself Bonolover, but I never saw her here, anyone remember her? Yes there was a huge mall next door and things were very easy on us. Everytime I went down and was coming up the escalator I saw another line sitter going down. Everyone was very nice. I talked to a lot of interesting people and good fans.

My son was leaning over the concrete rail and saw Bono walking up to the GA line down below. He waved and Bono looked up and smiled and waved! Good for him, but bad for me, because he drew attention to Bono and everyone made a mad rush to the concrete barrier, and were leaning over it, and they rushed down to the fence where he walked up. I got there just as he was walking away. I took a pic of his back. The pic I posted was sent to me by someone else.

It was my first time in the heart and I didn't know where to go. I saw someone post here they got in front of the stage after having a worse place in line than me, so I should've gone for it. I followed these guys I'd met online and they went to the back inside tip of the heart, and we thought we had Edge's side but it was Adam's. Bono largely ignored our area, but hey he was right there and beautiful, running by! Even if I had to see his butt most of the time. I remember telling that BONOLOVER lady we'd be looking at his butt the whole show and she just grinned. SHe had a Bono Fly flag, and I saw her holding it in one of Otto's pics. We tried to give Bono a green Irish bear for his baby, but we never got the chance. After the show, I threw it on the stage and told Dallas to give it to Bono. He never looked up. MOnths later I heard that Edge had a little green bear on his guitar stand and I wondered if it was mine!

My friend was coming from Nashville and she never made it until 5PM. She was sorry not to make the heart, but things worked out for the best for her- she got the outside tip rail and when Bono jumped down during WOWY and ran past the crowd, she got to touch him! That was so cool! I knew I had gotten the wrong spot, and knew next time to take the spot she had. I did, and I got to touch him too! She sent me the first pic I posted.

The show was fantastic. I sent two songs to my brother and his wife via cellphone, and it cost me thirty bucks. I loved the show and the setlist and what more can I say, it rocked, it was U2, Bono was right there, it ruled!

------------------
"I've been all over,

I was there!! Gypsy, we must have been very near you, because I believe that we got to the line somewhere around 11 or 12. We were sitting near the security guard who was at the corner, and had front row center when Bono came out. We saw Dallas come half way up the hill talking to someone on his cell phone, and we waved to him, so he came over and talked to us. Gave us Edge picks and all that. The next day we hiked over to Louisville for the Derby (I was born in KY, but that was my first in person Derby!), and then drove back to my friend's house in Atlanta, and then me back to FL. It was a great time, and those two days away from home seemed like a week! It was so great!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

I really, really wanted to be there, but I had to drive up to take the GRE that day in Louisville and then my parents were in town because my graduation was the next morning. I wanted to skip graduation to go, but I would've been disowned. Having U2 in Kentucky and not being there was very painful.

I was against the side of the building just as the sidewalk came in front. The people down in front of the barrier by the road were the luckiest, they saw Bono and Dallas. Were you there Angell?

------------------
"I've been all over,

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I was against the side of the building just as the sidewalk came in front. The people down in front of the barrier by the road were the luckiest, they saw Bono and Dallas. Were you there Angell?

Yup yup yup! I was right at the far right corner of the barrier (closest to the building). We were so excited to see him come up the hill! He motioned us all to hush and said he might be back, but as you know, he never came back. It was so cool because it was my third U2 show ever (opening night and Atlanta being the first two) and I had not seen him in person except for on stage. We wanted to wait for the band after the show, but we'd made friends with the security guard (since we got to hang out with him all day), and after the show, he assured us that they'd already gone. We knew that they are supposed to say that, but he pulled us aside and told us, to make sure we knew to believe him. Was disappointed to hear that, but it all turned out well, b/c I got to meet Bono in Atlanta (third leg) Yay!

Okay--enough babbling (long day)
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

i was there. i have been out of town and havent been on here in a few days. i took one of my best friends and his wife to the concert as a wedding present. this was my first show from the elevation tour.

Hey, thanks, glad to know others were there! It was an incredible show. One guy I talked to who had been to every tour since UF said it was his best U2 show ever!

Angell- he wasn't lying, they did fly right back to Cleveland that night, and they partied with Bon Jovi!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 05-06-2002).]

Originally posted by broshere:
i loved it when , during stuck in a moment bono brought a girl on stage , sat down with her, and sang to her. that was really cool.

I was right behind her. She had on a red checked sundress and was so shaky and crying that she couldn't even stand up. Bono let go of her early and said "Thanks for letting me hold on for awhile!" It was sweet, and I was incredibly jealous of course.

------------------

I was there! In the heart, it was a great show. I was standing right there with Angell when Bono walked up but of course he didn't stay. Was my second Elevation show, after Atlanta. I can't believe it's been a year.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:

Angell- he wasn't lying, they did fly right back to Cleveland that night, and they partied with Bon Jovi!

I must admit I was unwilling to belive they'd just left (cuz I wanted to meet them so badly--only met Adam in Miami), but I did think he was telling the truth. I found out that they had left fer sure later from some buds of ours who waited for hours afterward in vain.
frown.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom