Who Wants Love And Peace Or Else As A Single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzaD

The Fly
As far as U2 single releases go (and many other bands....) LAPOE would be a fairly unique single to release. It's very catchy and in a way it brings back memories of even better than the real thing which was very popular when it was released. Is this very likely? I hope so!

I think it would be wonderful to hear this song on the radio as a commercial single....it's already nice enough to hear it on Chicago stations with some regularity, just as it's always been great to hear the non-single "Until The End Of The World" on the radio with more than a little regularity. Still, I can't say that releasing "Love And Peace Or Else" as a single would be the most logical or safe move for the band; I would obviously stand behind the band was it to decide that this song was the one to get behind--it's my favorite track on the album, after all...! I just don't know that the general public would receive the song in quite the same way that I/we at Interference would...

It would be neat, though...I'd love to see a curve-ball like that.

I agree. The band seem to be getting a bit of criticism for taking 'safe choices' the last few years. Personally i believe they are doing what they are interested in music wise at this stage of their career. Releasing LAPOE would defy expectations. Ie the retro U2 sounding COBL or CFYT. We got All Because Of You so maybe there is still a chance for LAPOE.

I would love to see this song as a single, it has a catchy melody and heavy music and lyrics. It would be good to contrast the singles so far. Both Vertigo and All Because Of You are more relaxed and not very serious, it would be good to show a more serious U2 rock song for thoe who are just starting to like U2 but haven't bought the record yet. Plus it would make an intersting video that's for sure. :hyper:

I played the album for my family and Love and Peace was their least favorite. Although I like it, you have to admit it's just not a radio type song. We have an acquired taste for U2 and think this song is 'heavy.' The rest of the world probably would consider it boring.

Last edited:
I would love it if they would release this as a single because it's my favorite song on the album and I want the whole world to hear it. I doubt it will happen, though.

Say YES we need a video with tanks and helicopters directed by Ridley Scott :wink:

It's not a favorite of mine personally but I do think it would sell to the current market.

My 'normal' U2 fan friends (i.e. not fanatical) who in the main have a pretty eclectic taste in music ALL see LAPOE as the stand out track on this album.. it's got that something new and exciting element to it while throwing in some curveball signature U2 sounds. Anyway - YES this would be a great choice for a single!!
I hope it's the tour opener too. I love it.

Sure!! I want all songs on HTDAAB as singles. but if i had to choose only five, right now it would be of course vertigo, SYCMIOYO, COBL, ABOY, MD

its really hard to choose, my preferences changes probably weekly but my order of favourite songs is.

Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, ABOY, COBL, OOTS, MD, LAPOE, Yaweh, CFYT, OSCTK, AMAW

So that would be the order of single releases aswell. At least for now.

I love PALOE - but it's not single material - indie rock radio material maybe. U2 have very much taken the pop appeal approach to their single since 1998. I LOVE the solo - so Achtung/Zooropa-ish. Two cheers for the dark-U2 songs

Back
Top Bottom