Who smokes here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I consider myself a tobacco-holic!!
I've quit, hmmm how many times now?
I quit in July, didnt smoke until the OAK 2 concert....and of course since I going to the Vegas show, I continued smoking until I returned to Seattle.
Sigh, now its really tough to stay quit.

I smoked in the NJ GA lines.

I usually don't touch the stuff. Except if someone gives me a cigar....

CK

I smoke- way too much aswell, pack of 30s lasts me about two days, I generally smoke 2 miligram cigs- the real light ones or Drum menthol tobacco and when I am rich Gudang Garams- they are beautiful clove cigarettes from Indonesian-
smile.gif

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I only smoke when I'm on fire...hahaha...oh I know it's not funny. Blah.
tongue.gif

Dammit! you stole my joke!

I was gonna come in here and say "I smoke but only when Im on fire. LOL. Its a good thing nobody said this already, I woulda had to hunt them down and force feed them burning matches." But you did beat me to it! GRRR!!!

*smoke comes out ears from rage* lol

I smoke. I tried to quit, but I smoke again. I like to smoke but I know it's bad. I would try to quit but life is too hard right now.
Bah.

I need a cigarette.
Smoker.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

"Mind if I smoke?"

"I don't care if you burst into flames!"

(btw, I don't smoke...bleagh...)

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

Sorry....but I have to share this with this thread. From today's New York Times, a clip from an article about smoking, with a focus on George Harrison, who said that smoking killed him. Use the patch, use Zyban, use old-fashioned willpower or whatever, but please try to quit. Smoking ceased to be cool a long time ago.

Think about how much ink is devoted to the effects of breast cancer in this country: yet lung cancer kills 70% more women per year than breast cancer. Scary.

An Old Enemy, Smoking, Hangs Tough
By JANE E. BRODY

The obituaries all said that George Harrison died of cancer. But, in fact, what killed Mr. Harrison was smoking.

Although public reports of his medical history are somewhat scanty, certain facts are clear. In 1997 he was treated for throat cancer, which he himself attributed to many years of smoking. He said at the time that he had quit smoking and that his doctors anticipated a complete cure.

But just four years later, he underwent surgery for lung cancer, followed by radiation therapy for a tumor in his brain, where lung cancer commonly spreads. A few months later, Mr. Harrison was dead.

Some 440,000 Americans succumb each year to the deadly effects of tobacco smoke. As the nation's single leading cause of death and disability, smoking costs our economy some $70 billion a year. Up to half of all long- term smokers will prematurely develop a debilitating disease, most often heart disease, chronic lung disease or cancer.

Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in men and women, killing 70 percent more women each year than breast cancer. From 1950 to 1991, lung cancer in women rose by 550 percent, and from 1960 to 1990, the death rate from lung cancer in women rose by more than 400 percent.

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I recently picked up the habit.

So, you should stop.

Not a smoker. I don't understand how people in this day and age with what we know about how smoking kills ya, can "recently" start the habit.

Besides the second hand smoke, shitty breath, stench of clothes and ugly teeth, I'd have to say the thing that pisses me off most about smokers is how they throw their used butts all over the place. I think that smokers should carry around personal ash trays and garbage recepticles so they can properly dispose of their ash and butts instead of tossing them on the ground.

Blargh to all of you.

CK

PS This time I mean my Smilie.

I very occasionally smoke when I've been drinking guinness. I feel really bad about George though and I know that was what killed him
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom