who signed U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
who is the man that is credited for signing U2? not chris blackwell from Island, but the actual record company exec. that is credited for pushing them to blackwell, and getting them to sign the contract in the ladies loo.

okay, i did some research myself. it looks like island rep bill stewart was the one. but there is osme confusion. was it after the stadium show in dublin (as eamon dunphy's book claims) OR in the ladies room at the Lyceum Ballroom (sp?) which i think is in britain somewhere (?)

i could be confusing the two deal as well (original cbs ireland deal, and worldwide island deal)

anyone know?

Meghan said:
What were they doing in the ladies room?:eyebrow:
What better place for 4 young lads to find some ladies??? :giggle:

:)reject: Sorry, but the smartass comment is all I can offer here - I have absoutely no knowledge of the details in question. :D )

I definately recall that they signed a contract in the ladies, I think it was their first, and it was in the Lyceum Ballroom (also sp?).

The real question is, why did they go into the ladies to sign it? Was the gents out of order? Why did they feel the need to use toilets for signing a contract in teh first place?

Back
Top Bottom