Who said that WOWY live from Mexico City on the PoPMart tour had no emotion????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by ACROB@T:
Very underated album...Don't Go Away alone is a masterpeice and very affecting song, I was amazed at the time though, because like Pop it received some pretty strong reviews and then suddenly the backslash came out of nowhere..shame really!

agreed!

Magic Pie is also amazing!

------------------
13 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comin' in a mess
goin' out in style
Ain't good lookin'
but I'm someone's child
So go on and give me the air that's mine to breathe...

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

The video to DYKWIM kicks ass to!! anyone looking forward to a more rocking Oasis come November..this album is gonna suprise a lot of people

The video to DYKWIM kicks ass to!! anyone looking forward to a more rocking Oasis come November..this album is gonna suprise a lot of people

I thought it was bein' pushed back to 2002.

------------------
The King has spoken!

Tpyos skcu

first single I heard was November???? believe me there are a fair few conflicting news items regarding this album on radio over here, I assume the single will hit radio late this year and they will take it from there

Take the time to make some sense
Of what you want to say
And cast your words away upon the waves
Bring them back with Acquiesce
On a ship of hope today
And as they fall upon the shore
Tell them not to fear no more
Say it loud and sing it proud
And they...

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 10-02-2001).]

I really hope the album kicks some ass and makes Oasis the second best band in the world (after U2, of course) among the critics & media. In my opinion, Oasis are the best band after U2

I think its the album a lot of music fans are hoping will make an impact..even those who don't care much for Oasis that I know of are hoping this album will kick major league teen booty!! I absolutly love the consistant claims of a cross between the hard style of DF, but with the productions values of BHN

I met my maker, I made him cry
And on my shoulder he asked me why
His people won't fly through the storm
I said, "Hey listen up man, they don't even know you're born"

Last I heard, the single was being pushed back to December, with the album to come soon after the new year. Noel shares songwriting this time with Gem and Andy, and I suppose Liam as well. I just want the album to make the media eat their own shit--all those who blasted Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants.

------------------
Change is the only constant

WOWY from Popmart Mexico is FILLED with emotion. It looks like bono is in tears! It's awesome, maybe even better than r & h.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

I'll reserve judgement until Popmart Mexico City is released on DVD. I have the bootleg of that concert, plus the one from Rock's Hottest Ticket. But for now, it's a toss-up.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Well, I just watched that video and I could feel the emotion when they played With Or Without You. I started to get chills when they played the song. The part when Bono says "Turn the lights off. Lights off. Happy Christmas, Mexico city. OH YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH!!! COME ON! COME ON!!! OH, OH, OH, OH, OH!!!! WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!!!"

how much more emotion do you want????

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

I feel the performance isn't up to par with Rattle and Hum, it's lacking something for me. It's a great way they connect with the fans, but the song loses something for me. It's just me, though.

------------------
The King has spoken!

Tpyos skcu

I like the Mexico version.

But if you have the Rock's Hottest Ticket bootleg, you'll see why people rip on the Popmart version of WOWY.

mikal, your bang on !

guys, if you like the Rattle and Hum one so much you gotta dig out an MP3 of the Chicago 87 (Rocks Hottest Ticket)
performance.....Bono's voice just lets go, he breaks into a great falsetto around the "you got me with nothing left to lose" line and not only does he scream the "stars" verse out, he casually smoothes out the end with a gorgeous few verses of "Love Will Tear Us Apart"...my favourite version of WOWY hands down

------------------
Step off the train all alone at dawn
Back into the hole where I was born
The sun in the sky never raised an eye to me
The blood on the trax and must be mine
The fool on the hill and I feel fine
Don't look back cos you know what you might see

mikal, your bang on !

guys, if you like the Rattle and Hum one so much you gotta dig out an MP3 of the Chicago 87 (Rocks Hottest Ticket)
performance.....Bono's voice just lets go, he breaks into a great falsetto around the "you got me with nothing left to lose" line and not only does he scream the "stars" verse out, he casually smoothes out the end with a gorgeous few verses of "Love Will Tear Us Apart"...my favourite version of WOWY hands down

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSs

U2One, yep, awesome song, always been one of my faves

U2One, yep, awesome song, always been one of my faves

I love that song too!

Be Here Now is one of the most underrated albums of all time!

------------------
13 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very underated album...Don't Go Away alone is a masterpeice and very affecting song, I was amazed at the time though, because like Pop it received some pretty strong reviews and then suddenly the backslash came out of nowhere..shame really!

Back
Top Bottom