who is this person and why is he working on the U2 album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I don't know this person and I don't know his style...can anyone shed some light on him other than this article I read @u2.com?

Jacknife Lee To Work On U2 Album

XFM Online, March 17, 2004

Xfm can exclusively reveal that while Xfm Remix favourite Jacknife Lee has dropped out of tomorrow?s Remix club night, it?s on the express request of Bono, as there?s a U2 new album to work on and certain rules to adhere to.

Jacknife Lee was originally going to be playing at Xfm?s legendary Remix Night at Cargo in East London on Thursday (March 18) alongside some four turntable mayhem from Krafty Kuts, Skillz and of course ? The Remix Show?s very own Mr Eddy Temple-Morris himself.

However Xfm Online can exclusively report that Jacknife Lee won?t be playing due to his commitments on the new highly anticipated U2 album. Lee is assisting legendary Rolling Stones, Talking Heads and Morrissey producer Steve Lillywhite on the album in Dublin, and according to Lee, the new record is ?Going really well.?

However tomorrow is a national strike in Ireland and U2?s singer Bono has asked Lee (famous for his Eminem, Run DMC and Missy Elliot bootlegs) to respect the event and stay in Ireland and not work, hence he?ll be unable to appear at the Remix Night.

Jacknife Lee
=========

AKA - born: Garret Lee
Genres - Electronica
Styles - Club/Dance, Trip-Hop, Electronica, Big Beat

Similar Artists: Bentley Rhythm Ace; Howie B; Naked Funk; Propellerheads; Freestylers
Worked With: Pink; Oscar Ramirez; Wassim Zreik; Scott Storch; Christina Aguilera; Carlton Lynn; Headrillaz; Fuzz Townshend; Rick Sheppard; Dallas Austin; Corduroy

Formerly the guitarist for new-school punks Compulsion, Garret Lee made the jump to big-beat electronica after Compulsion disbanded after 1996's The Future Is Medium. Signed to Pussyfoot Records, owned by electronic impresario Howie B., his pseudonym Jacknife Lee debuted with the 1999 single "Cookies." His debut album Muy Rico! dropped later that year.

Source: www.allmusic.com

Interesting. Bring on all the POP talk now that there's a 'remix' guy involved but I wouldn't dispell the 'rock' theory just cos this guy is helping out Steve Lillywhite. That is just ridiculous.

the fact that they brought in a DJ to me is encouraging.

he's probably just mixing a track or two, or giving an opinion on how to mix it.

Well,he's the third-or-fourth-in-a-row producer on this album.let's wait and find out who will be the fifth one.Britney's maybe?:mad:

I am not surprised with this new 'producer'. Richard Stannard and Julian Gallagher worked on ATYCLB. So if one count Eno, Lanois, Richard Rainey(Who was mostly working in mixing and engineering capacity), Steve Lillywhite and Mike Hedges thats hell lot of people working on one album. They all are producers but worked in different capacity on ATYCLB.

I think this new bloke would mostly be responsible for "tingley-wingley" sound in the bridges.

Jacknife could be doing anything with Steve Lillywhite. Who knows and until we hear the album who cares....right? I'll go with HelloAngel, he's telling the boys which 'hot' clubs to play!

Maybe Bono will pull a Courtney and flash his bare chest and then konk a fan on the head!! Now that's Rock n' Roll baby!!!

Swan269 said:
the single theory does make sense.....I'll stick with that one.

yeah... and we'll also have Native Son (Perfecto Mix) by Paul Oakefold!

He is probably there just to remix a track or two for use as B-sides or as a theme for a certain superhero movie (Ahem ahem). No need to panic about them making some screwy dance album. Larry would never allow that in his band. (And no, Pop wasn't a dance album. It was a dense album.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom