Who Is The Biggest U2 Fan Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait! Bono knows who I fucking am! Does that count?

It's a long story but I have a friend who worked for him and told him about me.
Bono says that one time someone handcuffed themselves to him and he said, "That was my biggest fan. I think." And Craig corrects him, "No, I think your biggest fan is a girl named Crystal Jade in Anchorage, Alaska." And he proceeds on telling Bono all about me and how Craig's even invited me on the PopMart tour.
I only got to go to one show, and I fucked it up by getting drunk and getting lost and never finding Craig to go meet Bono.
I know. Kick me.

1. I've been a fan for almost 16 years
2. I've only ever seen them 4 times (although it will be 5 after the 31st July!!) coz U2 has only ever been to Finland (which is where I live!) twice in the last 25 years!!
3. I literally have hundreds of bootlegs starting from U2s earliest tours in Ireland (i.e.1979) up to the last tour.
4. I've met Adam once outside their hotel in Helsinki 1997 for a few minutes and got his autograph and also Edge.
5. I have no idea! :scratch: But a couple at least!!

1. I've been a fan for 17 years.
2. I will have seen U2 seven times by the end of the year.
3. I have about 10 bootlegs.
4. I've never met any of them.
5. I know all the lyrics to countless songs and can play a few on guitar.

Although that's still not enough to be the biggest fan.

guill said:
4. Very hard sex with Bono (30 mns)

err....:|

dunno how to factor that one in.......maybe you could get a prize as "fan most likely to break up a marriage"...

1. 1991 Achtung Baby came out
2. 1x Popmart 8x Elevation 6x Vertigo (4x fall shows)
3. Maybe over 40 live shows that a good friend of mine has bought over the years in New York and has kindly shared them with me.
4. Met briefly for autographs Larry, Adam and Edge.
5. Know all the lyrics to my favorite songs but I fudge with other songs I admit.
So although I'm a huge fan I'm sure I'm not the biggest fan here.:D

allright, I'm gonna be tallying up the stats soon, so for those of you who haven't submitted your facts yet, get 'em in soon.

for those of you who couldn't care less about being pronounced "Biggest U2 Fan Here" and winning a can of Spam, well......

http://forum.interference.com/t128791.html

bootleg count roughly 130-135 after invetory. i forget exactly.

is there a scientific method to calculating these stats? i need answers.

1.I"ve been a fan for about 5 years, but i didn't really get into them until a couple months ago.
2.I've only seen them once(vertigo tour)
3.I've listened to seven, but don't own any
4.I've never met them
5.quite a bit.

I'm still young so i have plenty of time to see them more in concert and to meet them.

the new generation.

the pepsi generation.

1, 22 years
2, four. zootv, popmart, elevation and vertigo (basically every tour since i was old enough to work)
3, i have about a dozen but i only keep ones with good sound quality, poor sound does no justice to the group.
4, never met them but did shake bonos hand at end of one tour cause i was right up the front.
5, ALOT, my mate once tested me by playing 1 second of each of ten songs (which he selected from ALL released albums) and i named all ten !!!!

now do i get a doughnut or what?

Any how there sound man is there biggest fan cause:-

he's been there sound man for 27 years, been to every concert in the last 27 years, he records the shows so has more bootlegs than anyone else, i guessing he meets the band from time to time, and i would think he may know one or two lyrics by now..!!

can't remember his name of hand but you know the chap with the ZZ top beard? GIVE THAT MAN THE SPAM!!!!!

Last edited:
Mister vox said:
1, 22 years
2, four. zootv, popmart, elevation and vertigo (basically every tour since i was old enough to work)
3, i have about a dozen but i only keep ones with good sound quality, poor sound does no justice to the group.
4, never met them but did shake bonos hand at end of one tour cause i was right up the front.
5, ALOT, my mate once tested me by playing 1 second of each of ten songs (which he selected from ALL released albums) and i named all ten !!!!

now do i get a doughnut or what?

Any how there sound man is there biggest fan cause:-

he's been there sound man for 27 years, been to every concert in the last 27 years, he records the shows so has more bootlegs than anyone else, i guessing he meets the band from time to time, and i would think he may know one or two lyrics by now..!!

can't remember his name of hand but you know the chap with the ZZ top beard? GIVE THAT MAN THE SPAM!!!!!

LOL.
I believe you mean Joe O'Herily (sp?)
yeah, he's done a fantastic job all these years; let's give it up for the man...:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

.......here the prize for the lucky winner (Whom ever that might be...);

MDR97.gif

Congratulations!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom