Who Is Henry Rollins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jick,

Henry Rollins has made a few comments about U2 needing to get out of the bar and go practise their instruments, and that U2 albums are mediocre Brian Eno albums. ie Brian is the talented one. etc

Henrys comments are fairly written, hes not ranting ala "u2 R cRaP!!1!". He outlines the reasons he doesn't like their music. I respect him for that. :up:

I think achtung baby is good because all the hard work Eno put in. If you want to face the truth, here's your opportunity. The drummer is weak, the bass player plods and the guitar play has one idea. The records, and I have listened to them carefully, are more the product of a mediocre band propped up by master production. the band on its own are quite boring and uninventive.

This is not a crime, this is the bane of the modern music industry.........

etc. part of an email Henry sent me during that new album leak fiasco.

Last edited:
I get annoyed just reading that quote.

I know it's his opinion - and it's my opinion that his opinion, which just so you know, is different to my opinion....is shite.

Thanks and goodnight!

lol. That quote doesnt annoy me at all.

PS For the record, I think Henry would beat Larry in a fight. We need to find a picture of Henry, hes very well built. Not that Larry isn't, just that Henry is bigger.

Last edited:
4615da2f.jpg

You all forget Larry is Irish, so what if Rollins is a monster, Larry kicks ass, I'm 5ft 8 and I'd have a go at Rollins. I appreciate Rollins comments are well wrote but the thing is opinions can be wrong, I mean I could say some things about BlackFlag in a similair yet more so fact based way:wink:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for posting information. I guess the quote about Achtung Baby is good enough to let me know what kind of character Henry Rollins is. He truly deserves all the ire he gets from U2 fans all over the world.

Cheers,

J

Jick my man would easily destroy Rollins in Mortal Kombat, the fate of the universe shall be desided:|

:rant: = Rollins
:rockon: = Larry

I calculate if I slap Rollins in the back of the head he would suffer annoyance then Larry would kick the living daylights out of him then Aardvark my man you would do this:dance: :dance: upon his head:| maybe a bit extreme but hey, it works for me:madspit:

Aardvark747 said:

I know Beli - i'm only messin - I laughed as I posted it!:wink:

Thankfully! :lol:

I thought I had completely misconstrued your character. I was actually a little bit upset about that too. You are one of the sane ones on this site. You and ZeroDude :up:

I'm so glad you were joking.

henry rollins is the guy who ruined black flag, or so i've heard

jick, your new avatar seems quite appropriate, i must say

Aardvark747 said:
...whilst playing 'The Fly' in the background!:wink:

Great call, he'll enjoy some fantastic Edgery while he is removed from this world,

Anyway I love U2 and so what if Rollins doesn't BB King does, REM does and I respect them a hell of alot more musically, but fair play to him and I wish him the best

beli said:
I just googled to find out how tall Henry is:

Huge? I’m five foot 9 inches. The supermodels I date are taller than I am

:lol:

Wow I thought he was far taller

beli said:

Thankfully! :lol:

I thought I had completely misconstrued your character. I was actually a little bit upset about that too. You are one of the sane ones on this site. You and ZeroDude :up:

I'm so glad you were joking.

:up:
However - I fear that remaining sane, is gonna become difficult, if I dont go to bed soon, and turn off Monty Python's Contractual Obligation cd!

I have a stock-take at 9am 2moro......:madspit:

NITE ALL!!

NITE HENRY!!
(grrrrryoufuckinbhbfdfhhbhfbnfdnsnbveebfbhfwhfef)

:wink:

beli said:

I must repeat after looking at this photo

Rollins = BEAST :wink:

Years ago i saw his Rollins band at the Roskilde Festival, and the band sucked ( sure i was drunk but still.... :wink: ). But i do remember the crowd being extremely aggressive, and i have seen quite a few aggressive crowds at various metal concerts. But still that concert stand out in my memory as being a complete riot.

Aardvark747 said:

NITE HENRY!!
(grrrrryoufuckinbhbfdfhhbhfbnfdnsnbveebfbhfwhfef)

:wink:

:lol:

Nightie night Aardvark. Have fun with your stocktake. If you have too many albums please send any freebies to me. lol

but not the pissed on ones

Rollins is a psuedo-intellectual. Nothing more or less.

I don't care what he says about U2, he's certainly not the only person that feels that way. I even own two Rollins Band discs, as I think some of his music is pretty cool.

As for his spoken word diatribes, they are laughable. Have you heard this guy talk about anything other than U2? It's all in the same vein. It would be funny if it wasn't so posturingly sad.

He has an excellent movie review show on cable now called Henry's Film Corner. It's funny to watch him rag on crapfests like Alien vs. Predator. His talent seems to lie in talking about movies, certainly not about music, especially U2!

Back
Top Bottom