Who has seen the earliest U2 live show in REAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
1985 or 1983

or 1981...

anyone seen U2 live then...when was it and where

how was it..how was the atmosphere.. where was it.. what did you think..how much of you do you remember...whom did you go with ...how old were you then.. tell me all..

okay minimum qualification..anything before 1987... live and U2

anyone ???

Don't have time right now for details but I've seen them in 84, 85? and a glimpse of them in an 83 show, details to follow in a few days.

I've been rocking oiut to great bands live for some years before U2, so I know a good/potentially great live act when i see one, plus with the strength of songs on [then] vinyl! So I wouldn'y have kept seeing them if I hadn't been impressed on both aspects, recordings and live!

Not me! But a friend of mine saw them in Dec. of 1981 here in town (Grand Rapids, Michigan) at the Fountain Street Church.

i saw them in 97. i've been a fan since the early days! :happy:

my mom had to take my babysitter to church so her and her youth group could go see them during the unforgettable fire tour. does this count?

U2Ticket.bmp

My very first show (in Australia) was 27 Sept 1989, Love Comes To Town Tour, (with B.B.King). I believe this was their first tour to Australia (but I am happy to be corrected).
$39.90 Aussie dollars.
Great show, still have the ticket, programme and press reviews.
It was a date, a girl, bottle of champagne (outside the gig) and U2 ……..I was happy!
See above ticket.

:sad: .....first time in May 92...... have never seen them in the 80's..... was too young, around 12 in 1990..... have seen them many times since then...... best tour was ZOO TV, then Elevation, then POP Mart.....

Back
Top Bottom