Who has not listened to any of the new song clips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
I'm trying to hold out until the album is released!!
The lavish praise the mp3 clips are getting on this forum is definetly weakening my resolve!
Anyone else out there feeling my pain?

Yes Max, but hold strong!.....I for once am going to stay a virgin of the songs until they come out..........we have been waiting for like 3 years so whats a couple more months? Good luck

3 years? try 4. lol. I haven't heard them. i've tried, but i get annoyed at the crappy quality. it's not worth my time.

more like 2 years really, i mean, elevation tour ended late 2001, then they took some time off, plus we got boston, slane, best of with 2 new songs and best of dvd with alot of great videos, bonus", and documentary.

I think we've been pretty lucky!

but the wait has been hard!

I think I've tried a few. How many are there now? I've heard the version of Vertigo with the Spanish guys talking. I'm with Numb1075, it's really not worth it. I expect a decent, full length version of Vertigo to leak next week with the radio release. And I'll just use that to hold me over until November 23rd.

I listened to the first version of ABOY, but couldn't make ANYTHING out except the chorus, but after that, I've been "clean". :D

innocent_eyes said:
more like 2 years really, i mean, elevation tour ended late 2001, then they took some time off, plus we got boston, slane, best of with 2 new songs and best of dvd with alot of great videos, bonus", and documentary.

I think we've been pretty lucky!

but the wait has been hard!

:up:

Nope; I haven't listened to anything.

I'll listen to Vertigo once the single has been released.

I'll listen to the rest once the album has been released.

I listened to all the ATYCLB songs before the album was released and it made it so that when I actually purchased the album I didn't really have anything to look forward to. I was let down by my own impatience, I guess.

I swore I wouldn't do that again and I won't...

I listened to ABOY once and found the quality of the recording so crappy I had no desire to listen to anything else. To be honest, the talking and the waves annoyed me and there was no way I could get excited about the song.

I can wait.

I gave in sometime last week and listened to all the known clips. I like the way the songs sound, atleast from what I can make out, but I wish I hadn't done it. Now, I'm twice as crazy as I was before. And besides, the qualities are all so bad, there really isn't much point.

Stay strong everyone! It really is NOT worth it.

I haven't listened to the samples, and as a rule I NEVER listen to leaks. I will only listen to "Vertigo" in its complete, wholly produced form, and the same goes for the album.

I've downloaded the clips before they would disappear but I still hold strong!
And I'm going to, until November- Early december maybe!

As I wrote way back when the first leaks of ABOY came:
The_Edge89 said:

I would be very happy if those leakings was leaked after the album release.

Because as with the Axtung Beibi outtakes I found it very exciting to hear "Oh, thats the Until The End Of The World guitar riff" or "Wow! Even Better Than The Real Thing sounded like this before?!" or why not "A less distorted guitar with totally different lyrics and meaning on Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"

It was a really suprising and exciting experience for me as a U2 fan...

Zoocoustic said:
Nope; I haven't listened to anything.

I'll listen to Vertigo once the single has been released.

I'll listen to the rest once the album has been released.

I listened to all the ATYCLB songs before the album was released and it made it so that when I actually purchased the album I didn't really have anything to look forward to. I was let down by my own impatience, I guess.

I swore I wouldn't do that again and I won't...

ATYCLB was the same for me. The last album I heard as a virgin on it's day of release was Zooropa. Even listening to the pre-radio plays/interviews (Pop) dilutes the effect of picking up a new U2 album from the record shop and playing it from start to finish. I've heard each clip once but they don't give too much away which I'm glad of.

Despite that I was fortunate to be staying in a Killney hotel (with work) when ATYLB was released in Ireland, and walked back home after a fair old session in a Dalkey pub listening to the album on my walkman at full volume.. that was amazing.. I was actually pushing the earpeice into my eat to get maximum volume (am I the only one that does that?!).

I hope that the album will be treated with the same level of security as Vertigo, with no un-controlled leaks. Just like the ole' days :)

I would encourage all of you to not download any of them, if you have made it this far, just go all the way.

I have downloaded all of them and listened to them countless times and I still don't think it's really told me anything. The quality of the clips doesn't reveal anything. Yeah, there are hints here and there about what "might be" but all that does is set you up for dissapointment. It's not possible to set your expectations based on these shitty clips and expect to be anywhere remotely accurate.

What's really silly is seeing people already expecting an album better than Achtung after hearing these clips. TRUST me, there is not enough on those clips to make that kind of judgement.

People are just excited. I just wonder if I'll download any more of them. I am weak, probably will. But I think if you've already gone this long w/o downloading them, then I say keep it up.

Naturally people are excited, but there isn't enough on those clips to either ruin the excitement or set real expectations.
it's just hard to read U2 sites everday and not want to hear something, anything. Well, if you have resisted it, then I say good job. You aren't really missing anything.

I downloaded the ABOY clip, listened to it twice and gave up. I couldn't make heads or tails of it with the crappy sound quality, plus the fact it seemed to end just at the point it was getting really interesting. I've been abstaining ever since.

Bono's shades said:
I downloaded the ABOY clip, listened to it twice and gave up. I couldn't make heads or tails of it with the crappy sound quality, plus the fact it seemed to end just at the point it was getting really interesting. I've been abstaining ever since.

Same here.

I remember when ATYCLB was released...I hadn't even heard "Beautiful Day" yet. I had seen the video while out in public though, but the sound was off. I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened that way.

Back
Top Bottom