who does not care much for, SLANE dvd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
im just seeing if others feel this way.

i would much, much prefer ZOOTV or(pop mart) but zootv for sure.

other than out of control, the rest of the show is alright. i have been watching the cbs slane broadcast and i just skip through 80% of the songs. its a big place but it just does not kick arss.ex rattle and hum dvd kicks big time arss. and i like boston dvd too.

how do you feel.(i know most of you cant wait to get your little hands on this:p )

oh and they cut out mysterious ways:huh: why did edge fuck up the little solo in out of control, it does not sound right :no:
(listen to the album or any earliery version)

why did not you pension for ZOOTV dam you.

rattle&hum is my fave u2 dvd (it kicks arss and bonos voice is perfect)

i want all three... zoo-tv, popmart and slane. i have no problem with the slane show being released 'cause it'll finally give us a complete (almost) elevation show on DVD. yeah they cut out one song, but on the boston dvd they cut out like 6 or 7. but i do agree with you that i'd really like to see a released of the zoo-tv or pop-mart shows on dvd... in fact, i'll go ya' one step further... let's get the UABRS red rocks show on DVD! now THAT would truely rock

Well, I just basically buy everything U2 releases so I'll definitely buy Slane as soon as it is released.

But I do know it is really nothing new, just U2 playing some ATYCLB songs and butchered versions of their back catalogue of songs.

I'd rather have them release UABRS on DVD. Ditto for ZooTV and Popmart. But if they really wanted a hometown crowd, they could have released the Point Depot `89 shows, they were more special and I think they were captured on film.

Cheers,

J

I'm fine with the Slane DVD. Popmart and Zootv have already been release, if you want them on DVD, you can always make one. I do, however, have an obsession with PopMex so you'll NEVER find me complaining if they release that on DVD.

I'm not extremely pumped for it, considering I already have an Elevation show on DVD. The location of the concert is cool I guess though, I'm sure I'll probably buy it regardlesslly.

i'm looking forward to it, but there are other things i'm looking forward to more. like, oh say the new album, maybe?

Wait, isn't the Mexico Popmart already on DVD?? I swear I've seen DVD on sale in shops.

i've seen it on stores on VCD, maybe that's what you mean? with a huge wanring saying it may not work in all DVD players...and costing 40 bucks :down:

I'am excited in that I think Slane II is a better performance than the Boston Elevation DVD. Plus it was a monumental show in U2's career. I would prefer Slane 1 but they didnt have the extra production crew there for that one obviously.

Regarding the back catalog. Zoo TV in Sydney is "suppose" to be released eventually. Rumor has it though that Mexico City Popmart is not going to be released on DVD. Personally, I would rather they release the Santiago 98 or Sao Paolo 98 broadcasts on DVD over Mexico City. I think they are stronger performances and better setlists. But I would take any of the three. In the meantime though you can always get the excellent bootleg DVD's of all three.

If UABRS is ever put to DVD, which I think will happen eventually. My wish would be that they release the entire show. Now THAT would be cool. And if we are really dreaming, how about a DVD of the full uncut final Tempe show from Joshua Tree and/or the Dublin 89 New Years show!! Those would be my ultimate DVDs. Wont happen, but it is feasible as the footage does exist.

Blue Room said:
I'am excited in that I think Slane II is a better performance than the Boston Elevation DVD. Plus it was a monumental show in U2's career. I would prefer Slane 1 but they didnt have the extra production crew there for that one obviously.

Regarding the back catalog. Zoo TV in Sydney is "suppose" to be released eventually. Rumor has it though that Mexico City Popmart is not going to be released on DVD. Personally, I would rather they release the Santiago 98 or Sao Paolo 98 broadcasts on DVD over Mexico City. I think they are stronger performances and better setlists. But I would take any of the three. In the meantime though you can always get the excellent bootleg DVD's of all three.

you stole the words right out of my mouth, Santiago would be simply amazing. so much more energy and emotion!

i also agree that Slane was a better performance than Boston.

to be completely honest, i didn't get the chills when i watched the Boston DVD, with the exception of the camera located in the middle of the heart, which was missing more songs than the DVD was! watching Boston, i just didn't feel the magic that i felt when i saw the band in chicago, and even Milwaukee. not saying U2 played a bad show in Boston. it's just that the producer didn't do the job right. he didn't capture feeling to be in the crowd well enough.

I'm happy they're releasing it, and I'm still hoping for ZOOTV, UABRS and The UF Collection!

Blue Room said:
Personally, I would rather they release the Santiago 98 or Sao Paolo 98 broadcasts on DVD over Mexico City. I think they are stronger performances and better setlists.

OMG! Yes! I can't believe I forgot Santiago! I would vote for that.

jick said:
I'd rather have them release UABRS on DVD. Ditto for ZooTV and Popmart.

:yes: I totally agree! And while they're at it, release Best Of 1980-1990 Videos on DVD! It's only on VHS, which nobody around here sells anymore, the ones I've seen listed on eBay are the wrong format, and dammit, I want to see the older videos on a format that won't be eaten by the machine!!! :rant:

Sorry, didn't mean to go off like that. But that really annoyed me. It would've been better if they'd released all the vids on one 2 DVD set, like Bruce Springsteen did with his, but hey, why do things the easy way? :eyebrow:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i'd prefer ZooTV and PopMart on DVD, however since i have already seen those shows and not the Slane concert I have no problems w/ Slane coming out on DVD at all.

I completely agree. I'd love to have the older stuff on DVD with maybe even some "extras," but I'll take what I can get. I'll have no problem spending money on this DVD the day it's released.

tiny dancer said:

The Slane DVD is going to be tight. I am so looking foward to it.

Me also! :yes:

Took the words outa my mouth. I'm really looking forward to buying the Slane DVD. Ofcourse I think I buy just about anything they release... :)

Last edited:
I'd be looking more forward to it if it were the first show and not the second show they were releasing on DVD.

To the person who said that Slane has no atmosphere I call on anyone who has been there to correct them. I was at Slane 1 which according to everyone I have spoken to was by far the better gig, and the atmosphere was incredible. Maybe it doesn't come across as welll on dvd but the natural ampitheatre of Slane makes it by far the best place to see an outdoor gig in Ireland. Why would anyone want them to re-release old stuff on dvd when it's already there and available? I want to see as much as possible of them that's not out there already before they pack it in cos it's gonna be a long time before we get any sniff of a box set! Having said all that I'm not gonna bother buying the Slane DVD cos I taped it when it was on the tv. If it had been SLane 1...

here!!here!! the atmosphere in slane is unbelievable!!
i've seen the verve, u2 and the red hot chilli peppers there, and there is no other venue like it in the world!!

ZOOTV IS u2 at its best. BONO sounds very very good. they all look healthy and bono sounds very good. Slane 2 bono sounds all muddy and is not hitting thoes sharp notes and looks tired same with boston dvd. i know hes 42 but he needs to spend time on his singing and less on spending time with politicians.

in the eairly days bono did not spend all his time with politicians and solving world problems. so he perfected his vocals now he has no time for the band and music so he is just using any vocal he has to put a song out, where he should go in a room and work on his voice to get his voice back. bono has not lost his voice he is just not working on it thats all. listen to with or without you on elevation dvd what the hell happened to him.(i am not telling bono what to do, im just saying he should be doing:tongue: ) if bono gets his voice back on the next record and Tour man that would rock, if not:( :(

if boston wasnt released on dvd...i would prefer one of the first leg of the elevation tour new york shows....i have the bootlegs and they sound amazing...
and they guy on the boston documentry mentions that it was one of the best shows on the tour.

i'm happy with slane too, i;ll buy it

Back
Top Bottom