Who do you want to see U2 collaborate with on a future album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
Just going on the thread: Bono and Mary J. Blige to Duet at Grammys, and started to read how some people suggested who they should/could collaborate with or sing duets with at the grammys.

This got me thinking, wondering who people would like to see U2 collaborate with on an album. They've done so many great ones in the past.

I personally like the idea of collaborating with Peter Gabriel on a song. Both singers are very passionate about African causes. Peter Gabriel is a genius in lyrics and music in my opinion.

My oldest daughter recommended also Brendan Perry from Dead can Dance (I agree with her, would be very interesting to see Edge and him get together to compose music) & Lisa Gerrard, another amazing artist and voice!

Celticfc said:
Shane MacGowan would be interesting:drunk:

_39902518_shanemagowan.jpg

i believe the idea here is singing. :wink:

On an album? Definitely nobody.

If you can call producer-band interaction a collaboration, though, then my one and only choice is Dave Fridman.

...whose name I probably misspelled. Who cares, though, right?

:hmm: Not that I feel particularly adamant that they MUST record together, but a match of Bono & Annie Lennox would be interesting. She has one of the best voices ever and I think the results would be amazing. :yes: :drool:

I don't really want no collaboration in any future album but if it had to happen I would want one of those:

Bruce Springsteen (singing)
Lou Reed (singing)
David Bowie (singing)
Bob Dylan (singing)
Keith Richards (paying guitar and backing vocals)
Bobby Keys (saxophone)
Clarence Clemons (saxophone)
Billy Preston (piano and organ)

I doubt that they would collaborate with a younger or rising group such as Arcade Fire. I would love to see Billy Preston (however Eric Clapton it would seem), he can really add a lot with those notes of his, his voice is also still really good.

JUANES!!!!
i've been dreaming about it lately! Juanes actually said on an interview that his biggest dream would be to sing with Bono some day... it would be awesome to see my english and spanish singing idols together!! (after all, they say Juanes is the Latin american Bono)

if you don't know him, here's an interesting article i read today about him..

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/Issues/2006-01-26/music/music.html
and this is an article about him by Neil Mc Cormic for the Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/mai...19.xml&sSheet=/arts/2006/01/19/ixartleft.html
it would be AWESOME!! plus it's about time bono sings a full song in spanish.. he likes spanish!

BONO - JUANES DUET:drool: :drool:

Springsteen, Arcade Fire, DAVID BOWIE too why not?

definitely not Coldplay, they're my 2nd favorite band, but it'd blow their cover of trying to copy U2. Like we haven't noticed....lol

I want to see a collaboration between Brian Eno and David Bowie in producing the next album

- Eno's previously worked with the band successfully
- Both know how to experiment but keep certain sounds grounded
- Bowie is an idol of the band plus has the abstract roots Bono and The Edge would respond to, and the jazz and blues roots Larry and Adam would respond to.
- Eno and Bowie made two of arguably the greatest Bowie albums ever: Low and Heroes
- Plus I'd shit my pants out of sheer amazement

LemonMacPhisto said:
I want to see a collaboration between Brian Eno and David Bowie in producing the next album

- Eno's previously worked with the band successfully
- Both know how to experiment but keep certain sounds grounded
- Bowie is an idol of the band plus has the abstract roots Bono and The Edge would respond to, and the jazz and blues roots Larry and Adam would respond to.
- Eno and Bowie made two of arguably the greatest Bowie albums ever: Low and Heroes
- Plus I'd shit my pants out of sheer amazement

I was just about to suggest this. It'd be a dream come true. :drool:

And if not them, the Arcade Fire.

-BB King again...except this time have Edge actually "play the blues" like on that U2.com clip...even if he can't beat BB at it there's no reason for him to play rhythm guitar.

-The Chieftans (or random Irish artists you've never heard of)...I can at least hope for a back-to-roots album pt 2. :dancing:

Back
Top Bottom