who do you want to see U2 collaborate with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
all the elder greats are dying.. who's left..?

are they now to always be the elders in collaborative efforts?

would that be such a bad thing..?

U2isthebest said:
Madonna. OMG, I think I would spontanteously :combust: with joy.

there's a photo of her backstage with them at ZooTv. that's the closest i'm aware of... what sort of song would it be...?

U2isthebest said:
Thanks! I just heard about her recently. I'm looking foward to checking out her books! *must go to Borders tomorrow*:heart:

She's one of my favorite authors. I loved Traveling Mercies and Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith. Her memoir about raising her son is awesome, too. Her novels are a little hit or miss for me, but I loved Rosie.

dr. zooeuss said:

there's a photo of her backstage with them at ZooTv. that's the closest i'm aware of... what sort of song would it be...?

I don't know.:hmm: It would be amazing to see what they would come up with. They're both such legends in their genres. I've seen that pic. too. She was doing her "Girlie Show" tour around the same time too, and they were often doing shows in the same cities within days of each other. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to collaborate on Frank Sinatra tribute album not long after the ZOO TV era, but Madonna backed out after she found out, that she and U2 wouldn't be the only duet, and she was about to start recording her "Bedtime Stories" album.

dr. zooeuss said:
uh, did they release the name of the monstrosity? is it called 2 become 1?

Settle down there, Doctor. That's the name of a pre-existing Spice Girls song.

U2isthebest said:

I don't know.:hmm: It would be amazing to see what they would come up with. They're both such legends in their genres. ... I remember reading somewhere that they were going to collaborate on Frank Sinatra.

Wow, that would be awesome! I wouldn't mind Bono doing a whole album of Sinatra covers... Madonna could join him on one or two... of course he'd get assailed with accusations of pretension and megalomania, but he's used to that by now. ;-)

dr. zooeuss said:

Wow, that would be awesome! I wouldn't mind Bono doing a whole album of Sinatra covers... Madonna could join him on one or two... of course he'd get assailed with accusations of pretension and megalomania, but he's used to that by now. ;-)

Yeah, apparently it was some kind of a tribute album that a lot of artists were going to appear on. I don't know if it ever got made. U2 and Madonna would be my ultimate.:drool:

corianderstem said:

She's one of my favorite authors. I loved Traveling Mercies and Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith. Her memoir about raising her son is awesome, too. Her novels are a little hit or miss for me, but I loved Rosie.

I've heard a lot of good about "Traveling Mercies". I'm going to go for that one first!

Back
Top Bottom