Who do you think you would be friends with the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
For me, if I could be friends with any of them, I'd rank them in this order...

1. The Edge :edge: - He's laid back, smart, yet still knows how to have a good time. Plus we could talk about guitar stuff.

2. Adam :adam: - He's even more laid back, we could just chill and hang out with the ladies.

3. Larry :larry: - He's pretty intense, would be fun to watch sports with, but wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

4. Bono :bono: - I think I'd get annoyed with him after about 5 mintues

:edge: definitely. It reminds my of some of my friends actually. I want to be Edge's friend. :(

:bono: - I'm more like him that I probably care 2 admit in a lot of things.... at least from what I publicly see of him.

:edge: - An intellectual, I know U hear that a lot, but he seems 2 b on another level, those would b some interesting conversations. Plus, he honestly seems the FUNNIEST out of the whole lot, which is incredibly important 2 me.

Chizip said:
For me, if I could be friends with any of them, I'd rank them in this order...

1. The Edge :edge: - He's laid back, smart, yet still knows how to have a good time. Plus we could talk about guitar stuff.

2. Adam :adam: - He's even more laid back, we could just chill and hang out with the ladies.

3. Larry :larry: - He's pretty intense, would be fun to watch sports with, but wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

4. Bono :bono: - I think I'd get annoyed with him after about 5 mintues

Pretty much spot on! Although.. I may switch Edge & Adam, dunno.

Lancemc said:
I'd rank you about Zootlesque. :|

:eyebrow: Is that a 10? :happy:

I'd probably hang with Bono for a bit, then have to take a break from that and hang with Edge or Adam since Larry seems to serious for me.

Adam's probably my guy.

Sure, I'd love to hang with Paul. Maybe he can help me do my taxes and we could figure out which part of my empire we could move off shore.

silvrlvr said:
Sure, I'd love to hang with Paul. Maybe he can help me do my taxes and we could figure out which part of my empire we could move off shore.

:lol:

:bono: his points of view about things in general are like mine and the way we think is very similar about the world and about people. I think I wouldn't mind to go out in a pub, have some talk and some beers and then end in a club with him.

:edge: he's intelligent, perfectionist and professional... like me. Seems very pacific and with no patience for disturbs. I like that.

:larry: I'm not as shy as this guy. But, like him, I'm very critical and very authoritary and I don't like when things go out of control of out of the way I wanted. We'd match here.

:adam: Not so sure about Adam. But I'm fucking lazy as he is. The less the better... What's bad is that he'd grab all the girls I had conquered in one night... for himself...:wink:

Last edited:
I do a lot of multimedia/documentary work in the "charity world" (as some people call it) and have been at a few functions where members of the band where in attendance. I've shaken hands with Bono but only talked with Adam in person. It's a very stange world at these functions, and the guys are hardly treated like musicians. During my 3-4 minute convo with Adam, the topic of U2 didnt come up once, although we did talk about music for a few moments.

One of my co-workers who I've dragged into becoming a U2 fan really had no idea who any of the guys were other than Bono, and I told her after one of the functions, "Man! You and Adam really got along well!", to which she replied "Who's Adam?"....Long and short of it is that it's nice to see the band in a non-musical setting once and a while and just chat with them.

(One of the people I work with is also pretty good friends with Bono. I was with her when she sent him a Christmas present, and he sent her back one too! She says Bono remembered her name after the first time they met at a function about three months later. She says he's a very intelligent guy and will quickly pick on parts of someone's character and try to understand you better)

Can't wait to meet them again :)

Last edited:
Definitely Adam :)
When I gave him my U2byU2 book during the London signing last September, he remembered me and said "hey, were you at the (Abbey Road) studio the other day?"

I was like," hell yeah. Four days in a row"
And he laughed and said "good luck!"

Edge comes second.
Larry.
Bono.

Aygo said:

:edge: Seems very pacific and with no patience for disturbs.

You mean pacifist? Did you watch Gone from Boston DVD? :D That's one pissed off Edge.

To answer the thread question :shrug:

Last edited:
Bono, because he's a great guy when he's drunk.... and I generally wouldn't mind being in his presence and just letting him talk :drool:
Adam, because he's so relaxed, and he seems like a great friend
Edge, because he's smart and we could have scientific discussions
Larry.... err... no clue what I'd ever talk about with larry :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom