"whiskey In A Jar?" During The Zootv Tour?? Who Does It? Its Killing Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattFromNYC

War Child
Who sang this one during those shows? The Edge? It so totally doesnt sound like Bono. Or is it Bono doing a crazy imitation?
It sounds more like the Edge, and on a Philadelphia version I have, whoever it is introduces "Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World" afterwards, and it doesn't sound like Bono.

Who is it?? It's killing me!!

Me... I like sleeping specially in my Molly's chamber. :wink:

or at least that's how I think the line goes. Love Metallica's version.

typhoon said:
They need to bring back Larry singing Irish folk songs.

Stuff the Kings Of Leon. Larry's Folk Songs is the rightful opening act.

That'd kick ass.

For a drummer, though, his pacing on that MP3 sucks. Maybe we'll need Edge to keep a beat while Larry sings. Bono can pretend to play guitar, and Adam can just play bass and smoke a cigarette like always.

Aardvark747 said:
Sorry - but gimme 'Tallica over Larry....(and Thin Lizzy for that matter):ohmy:

:rockon:

Thin Lizzy easily, I just don't like Hammet playing the solo it annoys me the way he plays it:|

Thin Lizzy's Whiskey In The Jar inspires both :drool: and :rockon: in me. Awesome song!

I haven't actually heard the Metallica version.

Well, after Mr :rockon:, Aardvark himself sent me the Metallica version, I must say that I think the Thin Lizzy version is best. I prefer the Lizzy guitar, and I think Lynott's voice is better for the song.

That said, damn, does the Metallica version rock! :rockon:

Eric Bell> Hammet, Axver you have chose well, but still Tallica and Lizzy:rockon:

Metallica's also sounds like it could be about something else, perhaps a man in England on the dole or something...listen carefully and u could easily mistake Hetfield for saying "Whiskey and the Giro".:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Metallica's also sounds like it could be about something else, perhaps a man in England on the dole or something...listen carefully and u could easily mistake Hetfield for saying "Whiskey and the Giro".:wink:

"There's Whiskey on ma Giro"

My Da happens to work in the dole office and this was a true excuse or so he told me
:wink:

:lmao: :lmao:

typhoon said:
For a drummer, though, his pacing on that MP3 sucks. Maybe we'll need Edge to keep a beat while Larry sings. Bono can pretend to play guitar, and Adam can just play bass and smoke a cigarette like always.
yes :lmao: it's amazing how many drummers have such poor rhythm! i can think of some other instances (and they're all g rated) as well.

Aardvark747 said:
:yes: :lmao: i have no idea why he had to sing it like that.

I can't for the life of me get the You Send It links to work... yes, I know I'm supposed to replace "YSI" with the words, I do, it begins the download, and... 15 minutes later, I get an error message saying that either the address is invalid or the file is corrupted. This has happened on every single YSI file I have tried to download.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it my crappy computer?

Any help is appeciated, thanks!

Forgot about this one for awhile, hehe. Larry isn't half-bad at all during this either. The other versions are good too... and I didn't think Metallica's version was bad either.

Back
Top Bottom