Which was your favorite pre-tour music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(I'd post a poll but it doesn't work)

Is it All you need is love for Joshua Tree tour,

Bono's (Gaelic?) howl-like singing for early Zoo TV

Television the drug of the nation start for later in Zoo TV

Popmusic for Popmart

or

Elevation remix for Elevation tour?

U2girl said:
(I'd post a poll but it doesn't work)

Is it All you need is love for Joshua Tree tour,

Bono's (Gaelic?) howl-like singing for early Zoo TV

Television the drug of the nation start for later in Zoo TV

Popmusic for Popmart

or

Elevation remix for Elevation tour?

They also used Stand By Me performed by John Lennon on the Joshua Tree tour and some of the Lovetown tour. On some occassions they would come onstage and complete Stand By Me on there own with the houselights still on. Very cool.

That being said I would have to say the Pop Muzik intro. Whenever I hear the beginning of that with the distorted New York, London, Paris, Munich I still feel the adenaline rush. I would say the Elevation Influx mix would be a close second.

All You Need Is Love

I also liked it when they walked on stage to Sgt. Pepper during Elevation.

Popmuzik. When I saw them in Vegas no one knew they were coming on when it began. Then the lights went out. It was also cool when they played Mission Impossible Theme before that.

I liked the ZooTV mix they used on the Sydney video. :) It's gotta go with the visuals though to have any effect.

For pure music I'd say Pop Muzik.

Television: The Drug Of The Nation is so very cool and true, hence my favourite. Pop Muzik's in a close second, always gets me pumped when I put a boot on. Being someone who dislikes the Beatles, I wish they wouldn't use Beatles songs before the start of concerts ... though their Beatles covers have been pretty damn good.

Keocmb said:
Axver... first Elvis and now the Beatles. What DO you like? :wink:

Hehe. If they used a Pink Floyd song as an opener, oh now that would be incredible ...

'The boys are back in town' at the Astoria in 2001 was unusual but effective..

I forgot to add the start they used, for example, on Zoo Europa bootleg, this military/march sounding drumming.

:hmm: I'd pick Elevation remix, with that howling intro to early Zoo TV shows closely behind it.

Back
Top Bottom