Which version of 'Walk On' is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which version is better?

• Album Version

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Single Version

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Hallelujah Version

Votes: 35 55.6%

• Total voters

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This always divides me. I like the ending of the album version (where Bono sings something like 'needs only time'), but I also like the way the piano carries the single version.

I think I lean towards the single version, but I love all three takes on it :up:

Hard to decide. I like them all. But in the end I voted for the album version. I like the intro and the "Home....that's where the hurt is" bit too much to vote for anything else.

miss becky said:
Hard to decide. I like them all. But in the end I voted for the album version. I like the intro and the "Home....that's where the hurt is" bit too much to vote for anything else.

We were the only 2 people who voted for the album version... it seems. :hug:

:wink:

miss becky said:

It's getting scary, how much alike we think on all things U2! :wink:

Maybe we were the same person in the last birth. You never know.

:wink:

By the way, I too like the album version for the 'home' part primarily. And also Edge's solo. Plus Bono's voice sounds better to me on the album version. Can't beat having the definitive version, though... album version with hallelujahs tagged on at the end. Best of both worlds. :wink:

Sorry Lemon MacPhisto, it must have taken them out automatically as i forgot to put the spaces in! Here it is again:

http://s5.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3FDVX12QVR1SW1597VDTC3LHAM

May I ask what the difference is from the Hallelujah and the Single version? As they both have the hallelujahs at the end? :help:

Dudette said:
May I ask what the difference is from the Hallelujah and the Single version? As they both have the hallelujahs at the end? :help:

yes I was wondering the same thing. My single version has the Hallelujahs on it anyway, maybe the UK/Ireland single version is different?

Dudette said:

The Hallelujah version actually has hallelujahs in the opening, and they are alot more obvious at the end than they are in the Single Version.

I love love love the remix version (mix of the Single and Boston live). :love:
Is it same as the Hallelujah version?

Last edited:
The Hallelujah version I think is the best studio recorded. However I think that Boston DVD performance of walk on is one of the best. I love the ending, especially when they extend the funky sounding guitar part. That part is awsome!

in my mind they never put out a proper version of this song:

the uk single comes close but lacks:

1. the proper vocal melody in the chorus as is on the ATYCLB version

2. the guitar solo on the ATYCLB version :drool:
a must have

Can I vote for any and all of the versions? No?

Okay. "Hallelujah" version. The Grammy performance is my most favorite version evah!!!

Back
Top Bottom