Which version of Please do you like better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Album version or single version? I have to say single version, because it has all the added strings, the second 'love is big, bigger than us' is stronger vocally, and of course it has the addition of one of my favorite guitar solos ever and imo one of Edge's crowning moments.

namkcuR said:
Album version or single version? I have to say single version, because it has all the added strings, the second 'love is big, bigger than us' is stronger vocally, and of course it has the addition of one of my favorite guitar solos ever and imo one of Edge's crowning moments.

What you said.

I couldn't put it better. The single version is certainly the best one.

single version

I like album version, but single version is much better, Please is one of my favorite songs

Live on the popmart tour, full band, when bono went sphastic during the guitar solo at the end...that live please was amazing. Elevation 2001 acoustic live please...never liked that much.

I was at the only Elevation gig where they played it full band. It was effing amazing. I mean the power of that song after 9/11.

"This is a song about people who remake God in THEIR own image'- Bono

UnforgettableLemon said:
I was at the only Elevation gig where they played it full band. It was effing amazing. I mean the power of that song after 9/11.

"This is a song about people who remake God in THEIR own image'- Bono

When?

November 20, 2001

I'm PRETTY sure it was the 20th. It was in the Baltimore Arena, and it was the night Garbage's bassist or drummer got sick and Graham Parker filled in. We also got to hear Knockin' On Heaven's Door with a guy from the crowd (full band)

UnforgettableLemon said:
November 20, 2001

I'm PRETTY sure it was the 20th. It was in the Baltimore Arena, and it was the night Garbage's bassist or drummer got sick and Graham Parker filled in. We also got to hear Knockin' On Heaven's Door with a guy from the crowd (full band)

Sweet. I gotta get me that show.

The single version is the best, sounds like it could be on Achtung Baby with the spiraling solo and polished sound..I also really like the ghostly strings, especially at the beginning and end of the song. They aren't used to make it sound pretty, rather they create a sinister feel to the tune.

I like the single version the best because of the bridge, but when I saw them live, when they came to Denver, they played it acoustic and it was the coolest thing ever

MrBrau1 said:
steak! I'll email it to ya if you like?

email it over here too

abdul.ahmad(at)gmail.com

and if you have the other pop singles send them my way as well if it isn't too much to ask :) (one at a time)

I was at that Baltimore Elevation show when they played it full band too. Without a doubt, the most amazing live performance of anything I have ever seen. EVER. It was just after 9/11, and you could just feel it that night, and then leading right into Streets.....just a wonderful, wonderful moment.

Back
Top Bottom