Which version of Please do you like better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D-Bot said:
I was at that Baltimore Elevation show when they played it full band too. Without a doubt, the most amazing live performance of anything I have ever seen. EVER. It was just after 9/11, and you could just feel it that night, and then leading right into Streets.....just a wonderful, wonderful moment.

:yes: Even though Bono forgot a few lines... :sexywink:

It was really intense. I don't think a lot of the people knew the song, but they were sure singing by the end!

Also, wanted to give a :up: to Elvis Costello's cover version

Almost everybody says the single version, i like that one too. But, the album version is more intimate, builts up beautiful and getting to a nice climax and a sudden ending. Wich the single version doesn't have, it's more a live thing done in the studio. Works as a single very well, but it doesnt fit in on the album. To me the version on the album is the better one. Like the guitars and bass on that, hard to explain.

I guess you could say both versions have their own style, the single version feels more intense though.. if i'm not mistaken, this is probably one of Adam's best works on the bass (in the single version)

Hola amigos :wave:

First of all... I love this song :heart: is the best song of Pop, also the lyrics are so, so great. I hope U2 won´t forget how to write lyrics like that one :(
Pop Mart Version was awesome, specially since European Leg. Edge´s solo is something extraordinary.
Elevation version ( when Bono sang the full lyrics ) was something amazing as well. Both versions can be played in this new tour, but I really think the band should play this song again, instead filler numbers like What´s going On, The Hands That Built America, Wild Honey, etc

PLEASE U2, play PLEASE again :yes:

D-Bot said:
I was at that Baltimore Elevation show when they played it full band too. Without a doubt, the most amazing live performance of anything I have ever seen. EVER. It was just after 9/11, and you could just feel it that night, and then leading right into Streets.....just a wonderful, wonderful moment.

I was there. You're not exaggerating D-Bot.

I like the album version better it sounds a little more rockier. I felt the single version fits a sound track mood. Overall though the live version is the best.

Back
Top Bottom