Which Tour Had The Greatest Streets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like all of them with the exception of the Vertigo intro.

This song, frm '87 to '01, all versions had that beautiful intro, they were all great in their own right. It's maybe the best live intro to any song ever.

So what do they do?
Cut the red screen, the white lights, Edge starts off in the middle of the 'riff' and Bono wrecks it with his babble. Abominable.

That said, once it gets going, Edge's guitar sounds as good as ever.

Overall, I'd probably go with the ZooTV versions with the Burroughs intro, although I would take JT/Lovetown, Elevation or POPmart depending on the day of the week.

Slane Castle is a tremendous version, hell most all of them are.
Even Vertigo Chicago from teh DVD is a great version after 60 seconds in or so, it's just (for me) hard to recover from the disappointment of that lazy intro. Havng no segue doesn't help, either.

Last edited:
Ah man I loved Please from Popmart. Edge's guitar tone was so amazing :love: I used to have a soundboard of him rehearsing the Popmart Streets with just guitar, and it's probably my fav Edge tone ever :love:

Make's the thin twangy-sounding tone from the Joshua Tree tour sound like crap in comparison.

Also like the new outro.

Best Streets? Based on the bootlegs I've heard, the song is best placed as the show opener, with a full length keyboard intro, and some chiming extra guitar chords from Edge (my favourite example is on Rattle and Hum, if only for the dramatic shift from black and white into gorgeous colour).

It's a fabulous song. I'd echo the thoughts of someone else who mentioned the Lovetown new year's eve show, when Auld Lang Syne melts into the familiar keyboard intro. Vertigo in Dublin (24/6/05) is the only version I've heard personally, and I was so amazed at my first U2 concert experience that I didn't even notice that the intro was shortened!

I think the best performance of WTSHNN was the Superbowl. Pure soul from everyone involved. It underscored the meaning of the song moreso than any other performance.

I didnt like ZooTV because it was too short. Popmart was excellent, Lovetown was also excellent, and contrary to popular opinion, I felt the Vertigo version wasnt all that bad, just didnt have the same soul as others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom