Which songs from HTDAAB will make it to next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Just wondering your thoughts on which toons from BOMB will make it to the next tour.

I rekon 3 maybe 4 at most

They being

Vertigo
Sometimes (coz of its personal meaning to bono)
ABOY (Not that i felt it worked well live)

I really don't see Sometimes making it.

COBL
Vertigo
LOPE (new arrangements)
OOTS (few shows)

God willing COBL makes it to the next tour. Vertigo will too, maybe Sometimes, but I can't see anything else in regular rotation.

COBL
Vertigo
LOPE
OOTS (few shows)
SYCMIOYO (a few shows)
OOTS (they'll finally work out how to play it live)

Not all that many I reckon, they'll be too concerned with pushing the new material and the standard classics.

Vertigo
COBL
and maybe Sometimes

The band are normally pretty good with dropping songs that didn't really take off on stage, besides after playing the majority of HTDAAB all tour they'll be eager to leave behind all but the very best.

I guess Vertigo is gonna replace the position of Elevation on this tour (3rd or 4th song on the setlist).

City of Blinding Lights is also gonna stay for sure.

Maybe they're gonna switch Bullet the Blue Sky a few times with Love And Peace Or Else.

I don't think Sometimes will make. Because it had a real emotional meaning for Bono on the last tour, I just don't expect it can have the same impact for next tours.

OOTS will be played a few times.

Vertigo: Maybe.
Miracle Drug: No.
Sometimes...: No.
Love And Peace...: No.
City Of Blinding Lights: Yes.
All Because Of You: No.
A Man and A Woman: No.
Crumbs From Your Table: No.
One Step Closer: No.
Original of The Species: Ocassionally.
Yahweh: No.
Fast Cars: No/Maybe.

Vertigo - Maybe. It worked as a opener like Elevation did and that song returned.

Miracle Drug - No, which is sad. The band dropped this song even on it's own tour so I don't think it will make a comeback.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - No. I don't think Bono's vocals would benefit from singing this a whole tour again.

Love And Peace Or Else - No. Again this is a song that the band dropped for a few shows on the last leg before putting it back in for the final show.

City Of Blinding Lights - Yes. I think this is a song that works better live than on the album and I hope that they will keep it for the next tour.

All Because Of You - No. It stopped being part of the setlist even before the last leg. And I thank the band for making that decision as it was really the low point of the live show, and the graphics weren't special either, just red black and yellow flashing by rapidly.

A Man And A Woman - No. It wasn't played at all during this tour at all so I don't think it will make it to the next.

Crumbs From Your Table - No. It was hardly ever played on the tour except for a few times in America.

One Step Closer - See A Man And A Woman. It would've been interesting to see Edge on the piano for this between Pride and Bullet though.

Original Of The Species - Ocassionally I hope this gem will pop up, however I somehow doubt it will actually happen.

Yahweh - No. If acoustics seldom return. (Am I right? Can't remember.)
Fast Cars - No. But perhaps the Marocco sound will take this along to the next tour.

% Chance:

Vertigo - 100%
Miracle Drug - 5%
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own - 60%
Love and Peace or Else - 40%
City of Blinding Lights - 95%
All Because of You - 10%
A Man and a Woman - 0%
Crumbs from Your Table - 0%
One Step Closer - 0%
Original of the Species - 30%
Yahweh - 50%

I'd guess you get Vertigo and COBL for sure, COBL possibly as the encore opener. Sometimes will be there if there's no emotional song on the next album or if they use Kite. Yahweh will probably show up in acoustic portions or towards the end from time to time. OOTS, maybe every once in a while, maybe never. LAPOE maybe. Anything else, I guess not.

Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, Original of the Species, maybe Love and Peace.

Watch Sometimes get the Kite treatment at some point of the tour.

Anyone who says Vertigo is anything less than a 100% certainty is out of their mind. It's the big hit, and the big hit has always made it to the next tour.

Beyond Vertigo, though, it's a bit less certain. I think COBL and SYCMIOYO are the two serious possibilities and I'm hoping for the former.

COBL, Vertigo obviously, hopefully LAPOE and Sometimes get mixed in as well. If they could ever figure out how to play Fast Cars it'd be a great gem, but I certainly don't expect it. I'd also like to see MD resurface once in awhile, it's an under-rated song that deserves to live on.

Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights for sure, maybe a snippet of Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, but I think that in the end they will ignore this album, getting stuff of their new one and going back to the past. Songs like Miracle Drug, Love and Peace or Else, All Because Of You, Original Of the Species won't find too much place. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it will be so

Vertigo (that became one of U2's signature songs)
SYCMIOYO (depending on the next album's tone, I think it might be played acoustically only)
OOTS (although not always played in 05/06, U2 seems to like this song. I have a feeling that this won't be totally dropped)
COBL (depends on the next album's tone too, but it might be played many times)
LAPOE (same with COBL)

I agree with the general concencus here, COBL and Vertigo are pretty much nailed on, 100%, I hope Fast Cars makes the odd appearance, kind of like Party Girl does.

I'd like to see COBL, Crumbs and OOTS in the regular rotation, with Vertigo being swapped every now and then for Elevation. If they could notch up the intensity in ABOY a bit, that's a strong one live as well.

I definitely see COBL as a first set closer...but then again I'm biased ;)

Yeah, I think Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights are safe.

OOTS will show up, but probably not every night.

All Because of You could be a rarity.

As far as anything else, it really depends on the new album and what they need to round out the set.

It will depend on the new album and the setlist based on that. We'll have a better idea come the new album, so a year or two. :wink:

I think Vertigo and perhaps LAPOE. I would hope to hear Crumbs, just the thought of that guitar intro in a big stadium, but I don't think they like playing it... :sad:

It also depends on the material on the new album. If the new sound is very different, it's hard to tell which of the "old" songs will fit in with the new.

I guess the it also depends on the kind of tour U2 will gear up. At indoor shows you'll be able to see shifts in setlists. Here you might see a number of songs from HTDAAB return.

When U2 decide to do outdoor stadium shows, we'll get a standard setlist. In this case I see Vertigo as the only song implemented in the new show for sure.

Vertigo early on in the sequence.

I'd like COBL, but it might be a little rough sequencing it around Streets, assuming they keep that in the sets. Similar take-off vibes in both, so they can't be too close together, you know? How would you guys handle that?

Sometimes could be a devastating acoustic number with Bono and Edge. Maybe even more effective, too.

I can't see much more than that. Unless the new album is terrible.

COBL and Streets would make a very nice pair. Vertigo will definitely also stay, maybe in the set near Gone, The Fly, or UTEOW? LAPOE could stick around, especially since it worked so well with SBS and Bullet.

I think Sometimes is finished--it ran its course on this tour, and I'm predicting there will be another song on the next album that will become the Super Emotional Song Where Bono Takes Off His Shades. OOTS never really panned out very well live even though I think it's one of the best songs on the album. I hope Yahweh doesn't come back. I'm on the fence about ABOY--I liked it live, but there are so many other songs I'd rather hear them bring back for the next tour.

Back
Top Bottom