Which songs from ATYCLB will make it to the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What do you think? I think we can count on 4,5 songs judging from the previous tours.

Beautiful day, Elevation and Walk on probably most likely, with Stuck in a moment and New York.

i doubt elevation and new york

but probably bd, stuck, walk on (less likely), maybe kite

I think kite and maybe BD however since they did such a good acoustic rendition of stuck on the U2 7 album it has me thinking that it could replace Stay as the acoustic song on the B-stage on the next tour....I think that would be really cool....

Beautiful Day, Walk on, Kite, and I like what Lemonboy said about an acoustic rendition of Stuck in a moment for the next tour. Be nice to hear something different than Stay, Desire, and Angel of Harlem in the acousto formatto

i can't see elevation being done again, as it is to ATYCLB what mofo and zoo station were to their albums - synominous to that era.

BD and Walk On will be used again I think. I loved the live version of in a little while, but I think that was dropped for the third leg - so I'm not so sure if it will be used again.

BD, Walk On, and sometimes Kite or New York

I remember Edge saying that Walk On was a song they'd be playing live for a long time..

yeah, I really love "walk on" as the show closer.
as a matter of fact, I enjoy hearing it live much more than "pride" these days, a statement I never thought I'd make.

I say BD and walk on.

I predict they will be playing these songs live for a long time to come:

Beautiful Day
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment (acoustic)

I think In A Little While and Kite might get played now and then as well.

I'm not sure how many, but I'm sure they'll play more ATYCLB songs than POP songs.

Cheers,

J

That's right, I forgot Elevation was opening tour song and they don't play those anymore. In that case I add In a little while to the list - I know Kite was played longer in the tour but I don't see them playing that one acoustic.

ID LOVE to see them do less acoustic numbers and so far the band says that this is going to more guitar oriented so it would be nice to see them bring back some of the more guitar oriented material from the first album like "the electric co.".

They've got to play all the classics, plus 6-8 off of the new album. There won't be much room for ATYCLB. We had this same discussion before the Elevation tour started.

They're not going to play much off that album.

They'll do BD at almost every show, guaranteed.

Walk On and SIAM will make the occasional show.

That's it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Seems they never repeat opening/closing songs.

Oooops, never mind Walk on then, either. Well BD, Stuck, In a little while and New York - maybe Wild honey once in a while?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I don't think they'll do Elelvation or Walk On. Seems they never repeat opening/closing songs.

Aren't we forgetting 40? I'm pretty sure that Walk On will remain the closer, and I damn well hope I'm right. Beautiful Day will definitely go through and will probably be a setlist regular for about as long as they tour. I'd like to see Kite as well, but I'm not confident of that. I actually don't think much will survive from ATYCLB, but what we have to remember is they have so much material to fit into a show that's only roughly 20-23 songs long. Continuing to play a large number of songs from ATYCLB would reduce space for the old classics that everyone wants to see, and on the tour they also need to play a lot of new songs.

Beautiful Day yes,
stuck in a moment
elevation
Walk On (yes, but not the closing of the show)
kite (maybe)

i dont think any of the rest will be played...execpt maybe New York

Last edited:
Beautiful Day and Walk on I think are U2 staples, like Pride and Streets. They'll be played close to every gig, I think. Stuck in a moment will be a song that they rotate with something else. Maybe it'll rotate with Kite, which I also think will be thrown in the set on occasion.

I imagine they might try to play Elevation some on the next tour at the beginning, and kinda drop it after awhile (ala Discotheque on Elevation Tour). Wild Honey might be one of those songs like Slow Dancing, Mystery Girl or Party Girl.....just done on rare occasions for fun. I imagine that when they're in New York, they'll play the song. Then again, they didn't play Miami during any of the Elevation Miami shows. But New York is a better live song than Miami.

RickFly said:
thats the most intelligent thing you have ever said on here jick.

Glad you agree with me. Most POP-lovin' ATYCLB bashers would actually perceive that as an unintelligent statement. In fairness to POP, I think U2 will play more POP songs than songs from October.

Cheers,

J

Headache in a Suitcase said:
grace and when i look at the world

Sarcasm?? Althouh i would take those songs over Kite and Stuck, to be honest

Beautiful Day, Stuck and New York

The band ditched their last 2 openers, and 3s company for me

I'd like to see Discotheque instead of Elevation

jick said:
In fairness to POP, I think U2 will play more POP songs than songs from October.

Which is a real shame because they should play some stuff from Pop. I particularly loved I Threw A Brick Through A Window --> A Day Without Me and October --> New Year's Day. And Gloria should be a regular live song like it once was.

Back
Top Bottom