Which songs from ATYCLB will make it to the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Beautiful Day. Kite, maybe Stuck?

I don't think they'll do Elelvation or Walk On. Seems they never repeat opening/closing songs. :shrug:

No. Songs like Love Is Blindness, Wake Up Dead Man were closing songs but they weren?t singles. Walk On was a single, get radio-play, grammy nominated and very popular... sure they?ll play it!!

they will play BD nightly

Last edited:
Anything but Wild Honey is fine with me.

I agree that BD will be one of their standards from now on.

If the new tour is centered around the album (as they always are), we should expect a very rock n' roll set list. With that in mind, I would expect the following songs from ATYCLB:

'Beatiful Day'
'Elevation'
'New York'

...and because they are already (in some ways) classics of sorts, also:

'Kite'
'Stuck'

I wouldn't mind the hard-rocking verson of 'When I Look At The World' either.

i guarantee elevation and new york wont be on the next tour

(maaaaaaybe (like 5% chance) elevation, but def not new york)

Last edited:
Why not, Chiz? 'New York' was one of the high points of the elevation tour (amazing guitar work, great live song), and 'Elevation' worked really well live... it provided a great connection between audience and band.

imo new york was blah...

u2 seems to play 5-7 new songs in a concert and then their old hits, new york wasnt really a hit

elevation was more of a hit, thats why i think there is a small chance it could be played again, but i get the feeling its just a one trick pony, like their past few show openers

BD is a certainty. I think Walk On is the next closest thing. Elevation was for the Elevation Tour, and I don't think we'll see it again on a regular basis. Stuck and Kite maybe in cities with multiple nights if they want to mix it up. Nothing else.

Walk On and BD....As much as I would want to hear Kite, Bono I am afraid would be reminded of his father........I am sure he wants to leave that saddness in the past.

Hmmm ... I was watching Boston last night and I get this feeling Kite and possibly In A Little While will occasionally show up on the acoustic set. And I think Bono can handle being reminded of his father - he sings I Will Follow at just about every concert ...

Kite its the One of ATYCLB, because of the emotional connections.

Elevation and Beautiful Day

Walk on and Stuck are possibilities

"Beautiful Day" and "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of". Those are the only two that will be played on a regular basis. On a couple of evenings I could imagine they'd play "Walk On" or "Kite", but nothing else could possibly make it into the rotation.

In addition to what I just typed:

"Walk On" could be added to the nightly setlist, due solely to its award winning success (Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards), but I doubt they'll make it part of their gigs. It ended every show during Elevation and was used as closure and as "..." for the upcoming phase of the band. Since it left this indelible mark on most fans' conscience I can't rationalize why U2 would bring back the anthem many of us used to cope with the tragedy of 9/11. "Walk On" will always be remembered as THAT SONG; the song that got us out of the mess and onward toward the future. For U2 to play that song night after night would devolve the relevence of its meaning.

"Stuck in a Moment..." can also be seen as a 9/11 lament, but it never closed an Elevation show, so it's more adaptable to more circumstances. I may be reaching too far in my opinion of "Walk On"'s importance, but I get the feeling that most of us, subconsciously or not, would relive the horrific feelings of 2001 if they added the song to their repetorie (sp?). Additionally, if they threw it somewhere in the mid-point of the concert it would feel out of place; and furthermore, ending the next tour with the same song would be complaisant, and we all know U2 is the antithesis of the banal and cliche.

That's, in a drawn-out explanation, why I doubt "Walk On" will make it to the next tour.

One problem I see with your theory of the impact of Walk On is that you presuppose non-American audiences would feel the same as American audiences, which is obviously not true. I have never thought of Walk On being related to September 11.

ending the next tour with the same song would be complaisant, and we all know U2 is the antithesis of the banal and cliche.

Well then what about 40?

I'm going to answer before I even look at what others think.....so
I think that Elevation, Beatiful day, Kite and Walk On will make it
on the next tour, and possibly, New York.

Can't see Elevation making the cut, but maybe BD, Kite, IALW and/or Walk On. Doubt New York will make it either (despite it actually being a very good live song).

JTH

Back
Top Bottom