Which Pop Song Worked Best Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry can't agree, it actually very much enjoy the Vegas version and i believe they could have made it into a great piece.

I agree. The problem with DYFL its totally different than any U2 song. Its more of a hip hop track than a rocker and its hard to place that in the Popmart setlist.

Where would it go?

Encore 1
Discotheque
Velvet
WOWY

Encore 2
HMTMKMKM
DYFL
MW
One

Almost all of those songs improved live, but Please was made into something epic. Goddamn.

Mmmm... :hmm: okay, I'll give you that.

Please/Streets segue = :drool: The best run into Streets EVER! It always sends shivers down my back. :applaud:

Will take some topping, but then, we don't know what's around the corner for Streets!

I agree. The problem with DYFL its totally different than any U2 song. Its more of a hip hop track than a rocker and its hard to place that in the Popmart setlist.

Where would it go?

Encore 1
Discotheque
Velvet
WOWY

Encore 2
HMTMKMKM
DYFL
MW
One

I'm sorry but Do You Feel Loved is not hip-hop.

I disagree. I think Do You Feel Loved is an excellent song on the record, but live it lacked that "energy", mainly the 'stabbing' audio sample that they used on the record. That sample basically gives the track its energy and gives it its frantic rhythm. Without it, it's just the Edge's guitar, which sounds awfully boring when it's by itself on this song.

Also, the song is such an intimate, sexual song that it almost belongs in a nightclub. It's strange to see it played out in front of a big golden arch and 40 foot lemon in front of a stadium.

I disagree. I think Do You Feel Loved is an excellent song on the record, but live it lacked that "energy", mainly the 'stabbing' audio sample that they used on the record. That sample basically gives the track its energy and gives it its frantic rhythm. Without it, it's just the Edge's guitar, which sounds awfully boring when it's by itself on this song.

Also, the song is such an intimate, sexual song that it almost belongs in a nightclub. It's strange to see it played out in front of a big golden arch and 40 foot lemon in front of a stadium.

Exactly. It may sound a little strange but a lot of Pop would work better in a music hall/performing arts center. IGWSHA, Staring At The Sun and Velvet Dress would sound so beautiful and surreal in a small venue. DYFL would rock with audience interaction. The same with Miami. I could see Bono strolling around the crowd with an umbrella. :combust:

Back
Top Bottom