Which ONE song sucked you in???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well? There's gotta be one in particular, which is the U2 song which turned most heads??

For me it was Discotheque.
Dunno, never was bothered by U2 before that, but heard it when it was released, loved it, checked out some reviews of Pop when it came out, looked good, got that, LOVED it!!! And that was me, done and dusted, poverty quickly approaching as a result of my U2 addiction.

Sooooooo, which song ruined your life??
wink.gif

With or without you.

First song that came out and caught my attention as a teen. Fell in love with U2 then!

The Fly...saw the video back in 96..had no idea what the hell was going on..thought the lead singer was very strange and a bit kinky..thought the guitarist was so friggin cool in his beaded dark outfit and glimmering white Les Paul...fell in love with the fat lady voice..which I would just play over and over on its own as loud as possible..got Achtung Baby..and went from there

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-22-2001).]

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
The Fly...saw the video back in 96..had no idea what the hell was going on..thought the lead singer was very strange and a bit kinky..thought the guitarist was so friggin cool in his beaded dark outfit and glimmering white Les Paul...fell in love with the fat lady voice..which I would just play over and over on its own as loud as possible..got Achtung Baby..and went from there

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-22-2001).]

Gotta say the Fly also. When I heard Auchtung Baby I was so young I didn't know what to make of it. First time that Zoo Station started up I thought the tape was broken or something.

Before that (late 80's) I loved the Under a Blood Red Sky-era stuff, but was so very young I couldn't honestly understand it. We just liked Sunday Bloody Sunday because it had the word 'Bloody' in it - a fair indication of our perspective at the time.

I think physically (if that's the right word), you can't really get into a lot of music until maybe the age of 13 or 14 onwards. Which is hardly surprising - music is a sexual as well as intellectual vibe.

First time that Zoo Station started up I thought the tape was broken or something

lol, I have to confess I made the same mistake..played Achtung Baby for the first time on a cranky, unloved tape player..heard the first few seconds of Zoo Station and thought it was chewing my bloody tape up...

I owned Rattle & Hum (11 yrs old copying a cooler older cousin) but didn't make much of it, but a few years later at 14 Achtung Baby came out....instantly addicted.

With or Without You, when I was 9. I thought Bono was creepy in that video, with his ponytail and hairy chest (I was 9, I like them now, lol) and swinging that guitar around, but I loved the song. hehe

Became very obsessed at 14 when I discovered Achtung Baby had come out and the rest is history.
biggrin.gif

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

With or Without You

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

I don't really remember....probably One.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"I'm allergic to violence! I break out in blood!"

I was hooked when I saw them on TV during the US Festival in California on 5/30/83. Bono climbed up to the top of the stage roof, where the lighting was and waved a white flag. It blew me away! They were playing either Electric Co or Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Watching and hearing Mysterious Ways on MTV after avoiding it for so long (turning the channel everytime it was on!!) After that I've been hooked!!!

my brother had ab and zooropa and i liked them both-considered myself a fan but i was a really stupid 14 years old and didn't understand or appreciate the music they were making-it was just pure rebel adoration, which is fine.

got hooked when hold me thrill me kiss me kill me came out-wicked song.

Angel of Harlem in connection with the best-of and Pride.

I already knew WOWY and One but I didn?t got the point!!!!

Back
Top Bottom