Which ONE song sucked you in???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehe, you messed it all up Bebe!
tongue.gif
That pushes SATS up to 2nd, and yeah, I'm with ya on the "what the hell is music anyway?!?" thing til I was 14 or 15 too, if I had only stayed that way, would be sooo much more comfy money wise
biggrin.gif

Kinda unusual, because it's an Edge song that got me hooked, but it was definitely 'Van Diemens Land'...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Lemon, on New Years Eve when I was in eight grade. That's when I finally got it, the rest is history....

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For!!
That was my fav song to sing as a kid! LOL But half of the time I didn't know what I was singing!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by jezebel:
My husband was there, I could have been (been kicking myself since)

That's really neat! Do you have the bootleg? It's soo neat!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Love Is Blindness. What a song to close a show with. Moving, powerful, beautiful. I wish they'd play that one again

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
I was hooked when I saw them on TV during the US Festival in California on 5/30/83. Bono climbed up to the top of the stage roof, where the lighting was and waved a white flag. It blew me away! They were playing either Electric Co or Sunday Bloody Sunday.

My husband was there, I could have been (been kicking myself since)

Streets was the one that did it for me, no wait, it was Pride.....no, it was NYD.....

I first liked U2 when I heard 'Gloria'. Then I forgot all about them until I heard 'Discotheque'. I bought Pop, the 1st album of theirs I had bought since October. I loved Pop,especially 'Mofo'. Then I started buying all their other albums.

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
I already had Achtung Baby and I loved U2, but the song that just got me and took me somewhere else was Zooropa. Yeah i know it's strange, but that song and the whole album was like a religious experience the first time i heard it. I wish i could go back to that day. But what got me to first buy Achtung Baby was Even Better Than the Real Thing on the radio.

Zooropa is a burst of joy in a crazy world.

Back
Top Bottom