Which one of these will it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which will be the album release date or closest to it?

• March 23

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • April 20

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • April 27

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • May 11

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • May 18

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • May 25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 8

• June 15

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • June 22

• Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

TiaraGurl

War Child
Which is these dates will the new album be released or closest to it? These dates are Tuesdays which is new release day in US which is when I can get the album. (selfish I know)

Last edited:
I voted March 23, though I think it could be either that or the 16th - either one of the dates close to Saint Patrick's Day. I'm sure they'd like to release the album about then.

I voted May 11th - one day after the big man's birthday.

But I'll pray for earlier! - can't wait!

Chizip said:
i voted other, as in the fall

what does the winner get?

I was actually thinking someone should get a prize-besides the staggering honor of being right you can have a VHS copy of Bono's 6/21/01 interview with charlie rose how about that? If you already have that Well how about a :hug: from tiaragurl?

So whoever is on or closest to the dates listed (which i picked more or less arbitrarily because I did not want a 30 choice poll)

Last edited:
i vote may 10th because its not only the bmans birthday, but, my dads, so its going to be called u2: happy birthday to me and stlelevations dad

no i was impressed with your use of the adjective staggering, so i thought i'd use it as well

the poll is a good idea so i can rub it in peoples faces when i am right :wink:

march 15th and 16th... i really think bono wants to be touring in the states the summer of an election year... let's him talk up his data stuff to all the candidates. the really big tours are done in the summer... if it was a fall release for the album, they'd probably wait till the following spring/summer to go on tour, missing out on the election time. releasing pre-summer of this year allows bono to do both his jobs at the same time.

"Oh, I don't do that. Just swim, and that. I can't wait, actually, to be fit again. ...I'm going on tour. I've got to get fit." As for that tour, the 43-year-old rocker says "hopefully next fall -- that's what I'd like to do."

i dont think that sounds like he'd want to start in the summer

the weather on the east coast last summer was awful tons of rain and yuck not very condusive to outdoor showsd hmmmmm

March 30th, 2004. -Album release.
The last 2 U2 albums released in March were JT and POP.
The JT tree tour and POPmart tour both started within weeks of the albums release.

My guess is that the tour begins May/June.

From the Chicago Sun Times:

"A year from now, U2 will be on the road in the MIDDLE of a tour supporting their new album -- the other project, in addition to saving Africa, that has occupied Bono's time this past year.

"I'd like to be on tour when the election's going on. It's a hell of a loud hailer to have, and, although we'll try not to get involved," he said, grinning, "in case anything should happen along the way, you know, on our issues, we'll be there"

I hate to have to keep trying your pessimism in check Chizip. :) Bono was speaking to an American writer, in the context of next year elections and stated that he hoped that U2 would be touring in America during that time. That does not mean U2 will not #1- be in between tour legs, or more likely #2-be touring in Europe or Australia.

They were in America during the 92 elections. I am sure Bono wants a similar thing this time around, that's all he means.

Again, there is no reason for the tour to begin that late or the album to be delayed. If someone has a good reason, I'd like to hear it.

U2 have not launched a tour in the fall since 1985. Does that mean that it won't happen? No, but I think it's a good bet that the tour will begin early Summer.

Back
Top Bottom