Which one is your least favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite track from the new album?

• Vertigo

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Miracle Drug

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Love and Peace or Else

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • All Because of You

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • A Man and A Woman

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Original of the Species

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 18 14.3%

• Total voters
I picked Yahweh, but could easily have been OOTS. The last two songs are the weakest I've heard a U2 album close with next to ATYCLB with Grace. Outwith those two songs it's a hell of an album.

Lo-Fi said:
I picked Yahweh, but could easily have been OOTS. The last two songs are the weakest I've heard a U2 album close with next to ATYCLB with Grace. Outwith those two songs it's a hell of an album.

:huh: :scratch: :shocked: :crazy:

But I respect your opinion. :wave:

I picked Yahweh, despite the fact that I think it's a brilliant song. I just don't like the intro. Once it starts going, though... :hyper:

UnforgettableLemon said:
I picked Yahweh, despite the fact that I think it's a brilliant song. I just don't like the intro. Once it starts going, though... :hyper:

yeah, that's how i'm feeling about it right now too.

Lo-Fi said:

the last 2 are my 2 favorites, hahah :ohmy:

One Step Closer is starting to do it for me. It plays an essential part on the album.

However A Man and a Woman still makes me cringe. Did Bono really rhyme "romance" with "distance"? Is it just me?

By the way, does anyone still have the production details for each track - it would be interesting to know who produced the various tracks now that we are familiar with them.

Cheers
Kev

This was really hard and my opinion will most likely change in a few hours. One Step Closer just climbed out of the basement last night. I am really loving the guitar work here. Now Crumbs is at the bottom. I know, I know, its a good track. Its just starting to lose it a little for me.

WOW, you guys don't like the Yahweh intro??? That's my favourite part of the song! After the intro, it goes downhill from there. Love the lyrics. The song just seems incomplete.

I voted for 'All because of You', I am not feeling any depth in that song at all... it is definitely the 'Wild Honey' of this album - surfaced, overly simplistic rock song with a whimsical, cliched chorus. That doesn't mean that I don't like the song, I give it a 7 1/2 out of ten... it shows the strength of the album.

But come on guys, Yaweh??? That song is awesome! (some of you probably thinking that 'bout my choice for least favourite track eh?)... and not just Yaweh's intro, or middle and end - all of it is great!... Not the usual U2esque chorus, but a very good reflection of the substance of the song, just Bono's two-punch call to 'God', wonderful.

Thanks for the poll!

-- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

Yahweh.
Whoever wrote "U2 on autopilot" was right, it's so boring.
I can't believe that many people don't like Love And Peace Or Else!

I LOVE Yahweh. Best ending for an album since Love is blindness.

The worst song is One Step Closer.

And i would never buy a car from the ppl who voted MD as the worst song...

Michael Griffiths said:

You'll see its greatness one day, believe me.

Like i "see" the greatness of Peace on Earth/Grace after 4 years?

Nope. 4 years have gone and i still didn't find greatness on them. And i never will simply because they are bad songs. Boring and pointless.

OSC is at the same class. Boring and pointless.

how could someone vote for "a man & a woman"??!!! that song is soo damn good. it's got the flair of "loves comes tumbling" and "promenade"... simply beautiful.

akhan01 said:
how could someone vote for "a man & a woman"??!!! that song is soo damn good. it's got the flair of "loves comes tumbling" and "promenade"... simply beautiful.

Agreed. I even see AMAAW as a single...

God Part III said:
Yahweh.
Whoever wrote "U2 on autopilot" was right, it's so boring.
I can't believe that many people don't like Love And Peace Or Else!

I agree, I voted for Yahweh too. It's not a bad song at all, I wouldn't call it a weak track either, but somehow I would prefer if it was not on the album. It sounds like a song from a band trying hard to sound like U2. And the most awful chorus ever... "Yahweeeeeh, Yahweeeeeh!", it sounds so silly. How come no one told Bono that this sounded as bad as saying "Gooood! Gooood!" and he should just not use that as a chorus? Maybe someone did, but he didn't listen...

If it was not for the chorus I would like the song much more, even if it's un-original anyways. I just feel it brings nothing relevant to the album.

I'm also not too sure about OOTS... The chorus is good, but I find it sounds like different soungs patched together... And not a very good melody line from Bono. But everyone seems to love it, so maybe I just don't get it...

Now I sound like I don't like the album. Not true! I love it. ABOY, MD, COBL, LAPOE are fantastic tracks.

i think its one of those albums where best and worst songs are very hard to call - it will vary widely from person to person. Unlike previous albums, bad songs or good songs could in most cases be universally narrowed down to one or two songs.

To me, that is the main strength of this album! Loving A man and a woman, not so loving LPOE... then again, I was loving LPOE earlier. Very hard to call!

Edges playing saves all the songs! He has been hard at work in the lab again. All the music is on the boil!!

But I hate the "all because of you" refrain as its off key and just an ear pain but again the music is great.

The beginning of A Man and a Woman sounds like part of George Michael AMAZING! sad! "little sister..." sounds like Georgey boy! Lads must have had the radio on when writing it or George pinched the Edges CD??

But yeah I agree the new Yahwe"eeh" ja OOTS's stea"aaal" ...knee"eeeel"s...fee"eeel" are ear pains!!!!!!!

Bono is always searching for new sounds to be fresh, different from the pack but these high pitched, off key notes may be inovative but are a pain, sounds like a 44 year old trying to win over 13 year olds!

But bring on the lyrics and music again James!

CT

"eeh" eeh

Last edited:
"Love and Peace or Else"....I think it's a decent track now, but it's still the weak link of the bunch.

It's obviously VERY early in the game to be making bold proclamations, but here I go anyway: "A Man and a Woman" is the single worst album track that I've ever heard from U2. Ghastly. I loathe the sticky-sweet production, I loathe the lyrics, I loathe the forced vocals, I loathe the almost-Greek feel to the guitar....man! Just not up my alley, you know? Maybe time will change my opinion, but I just don't see it happening at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom