Which of U2's albums do you think was best transformed live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I don't think we ever did this (even though it's so basic) question before...

i pick AB.

That's SO hard! I think everything they've done only gets better when they take it to the stage.

But...I'm gonna go with POP because I think that album was SO good live!

Definitely Achtung Baby. ZooTV ruled, and I don't think so many songs from their latest album have consistently been on the tour setlist.

typhoon said:
Definitely Achtung Baby. ZooTV ruled, and I don't think so many songs from their latest album have consistently been on the tour setlist.

Yeah...That was my second choice...or maybe my first. I dunno. IT'S SO HARD!

AB. Actually, that album was a complete package. The songs are REALLY good, both studio versions and live. But the JT songs are wonderful live too. Hehe. Can't make up my mind.:D

I've never heard all of the Unforgettable Fire songs live, but there is such a big difference between the studio versions of A Sort Of Homecoming and Bad and the Wide Awake In America versions. I couldn't listen to the studio versions anymore after hearing them live. I didn't even like the song Bad until I saw it performed.

It's gotta be AB. Do you mean the specific tour for that album or in general, like up to this point? Well in both respects I'd say AB, Zoo TV and then the way Popmart and Elevation redefined The Fly, UTEOTW, MW, EBTTRT, yeaaah, AB

I have to agree with AB...I didn't really get into UTEOTW until seeing it live, and while I love all the songs on the album, many of them - especially The Fly - are so much more amazing live. :D

Hmm.. that's a hard decision. Achtung Baby was a really brilliant transformation, and the Joshua Tree was pretty amazing as well, just for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Where the Streets Have No Name, but some of the songs on Zooropa (Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car) were fabulous too. Difficult difficult. Just for Until the End of the World, I'd have to say Achtung Baby was the best transformation.

The songs from Pop sound better live than on the recording. AB and JT are brilliant both live and on the albums.

Definitely POP. For me AB as an album was already mindblowing and amazing on its own. The live versions were great, but weren't necessary to make the album a winner. POPmart took some songs that could have used some more work in studio and made them absolutely amazing in the live context. Gone and Please come to mind. So for me, that was more of a transformation.

Back
Top Bottom