Which of the beach clips should be the first single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:

ROFL, wow. I have to give you credit for reading all of my posts and I guess this is the most "offensive" one you could find. Ah, memories. How did I say your opinion was invalid there or make fun of you? Here is my exact quote:

"Oh, come on. If U2 fans survived Elevation, I think they can survive another lame video. I can't believe you'd just throw everything away for one music video. Your loss, I guess. Besides, as others have said, it's highly unlikely they'd release that song as a single anyway."

How on earth was I rude there? Let's see. My response was to you saying you'd throw away your entire U2 fandom if Naomi Campbell (oh, the horror!) appeared in a U2 video. I said I couldn't believe you'd do that, because U2 fans have survived many a lame video. Did my saying "come on" or "your loss" hurt your feelings or something? LOL. That's pretty hilarious if you thought I was being mean there. It's nothing compared to how rude and snarky you've been to so many posters on this board, and how many times you've derailed and trashed threads with your friends, making fun of various posters. BTW, you still haven't apologized to the poster you made fun of in this thread. Why not? LOLz. :sexywink:

But hey, I'm mainly a lurker and don't have a 9,000+ post count, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter as much as others on this board.

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:

Um, hardly? If you think what I wrote was "offensive," that's just absurd. You know, I could do a search on all of GibsonGirl's past posts, and see how many threads have been closed due to her and her friends trashing them and wildly veering off-topic - or how many times she's mocked PLEBA or various other posters on this board (just like the poor soul in this thread who dared compare Radiohead to U2)... but alas, there would be too many links to fit in one thread. lol.

For crying out loud. Am I the only one who thinks GibsonGirl making fun of someone is wrong?

Last edited:
Ha ha, oh dear. There's only one person derailing this thread, and it's not me. I gave my opinion on the actual topic earlier, so I'll leave this one at that. SpaceOddity, if you, for whatever reason, wish to argue further, you're a Premium Member. As am I. Gosh, what fun we could have.

As I said earlier, I don't want to speculate as to which of these songs will be a single, because frankly, so little is known about them in the first place. I still think that some of these sound like they could use a bit of work, lyrics wise.

GibsonGirl said:
Ha ha, oh dear. There's only one person derailing this thread, and it's not me. I gave my opinion on the actual topic earlier, so I'll leave this one at that. SpaceOddity, if you, for whatever reason, wish to argue further, you're a Premium Member. As am I. Gosh, what fun we could have.

Ha ha, oh dear. Someone likes to ignore posts that contain logic and fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're actually the person who derailed this thread by laughing at another poster and saying, "That was pretty funny." That was your first post, unless my eyes deceive me. My post, however, gave my opinion on the topic, and then I rolled my eyes in response to your pettiness.

This isn't about arguing. You're just pissed off that someone's calling you out on being rude to other posters when they say they like U2 (calling them "sheep"), if they post in PLEBA, or if they prefer Bono's voice over Freddie Mercury's. Your opinion on music is no more superior to anyone else on this board, and it's unfair that you think you should be able to get away with mocking other members and acting like their somehow stupid or they know nothing about music. PM-ing you about this would be a waste of time, because clearly you think you haven't done anything wrong, and I don't see you changing your mind anytime soon.

BTW, you still owe vaz02 an apology for making fun of them. Where is it?

Last edited:
SpaceOddity said:

I'll take the spanking for this next sentence:

Fuck off, Mom.

If GibsonGirl wants to be "rude" it's not your fucking problem. It's her problem and a moderator problem. You're making this thread into a complete trainwreck because you had to come in and comment on something that never even concerned you in the first place.

This is the exact reason why people feel obliged to add an IMO to every single post made.

If you had a real problem with this, you'd PM a moderator about it and let it be. Why are you trying so hard to be this forum's watchdog, specifically, GibsonGirl's personal spy? Enough. ENOUGH.

SpaceOddity said:

Actually, vaz02 owes us all an apology for wasting our time with a stupid comment. Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom