Which new song do you like better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which new U2 songs do you prefer?

• Electrical Storm

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • The Hands That Built America

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I haven't decided whether I like ES or Hands better. They're both great songs, imho...Different, certainly, but great! I can't even vote in my own poll yet, but I want to know what the rest of you think!

Right now I've gotta go with Electrical Storm... the version that's gonna be on the B side with Edge's "nah-nah...ni-na-ninanina-nah-nah" guitar part opening (you love how I put guitar into words don'tcha!:sexywink: ). Not crazy over the Orbit mix or the Urlich or the Brian Urlacher or whatever friggin mix they've got out now. Hands I just haven't heard enough yet. As I said in the huge 500 page War and Peace-esque Hands .mp3 thread, I think 75% of Hands is some of the best work U2 has ever done, but the second verse and the operatic sequence Bono does there just tones it down a notch, a little too much overproducing IMHO. But that's just me, I could be wrong.

Well I voted based on of course how I feel at this very moment. I only heard "The Hands that Built America" for the first time about 1/2 hr ago.... I chose "Electrical Storm" as my favourite of the two. Thing is... it took me nearly a month to appreciate it and now I can't get enough. Perhaps "The Hands that Built America" will be the same.
Unfortunately, I wish U2 music didn't have to grow on me.......... :crack:

Angel said:

Unfortunately, I wish U2 music didn't have to grow on me.......... :crack:

:happy: Well, maybe if you think of it more like growing inside you (in a non-pregnant sort of way!) it's better...

:scratch: Wait...That made SO much more sense in my head! :lmao:

I can't vote -- I can't decide. I'm just quite happy with both new songs! "Hands" is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom