Which live DVD would help people appreciate U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:

And when u got AB and heard track 10 for the 1st time, u were like...:combust:

:lol:

Actually, at the time, it was So Cruel that I really didn't like.

Axver said:
Bad literally left me breathless and is why I'm posting here today.

Something about that version bugged me. Maybe it was Bono jumping around in only suspenders covering his bare chest but I couldn't decide if I was loving it or not liking it. Maybe because it was like 10:30 and I was tired. But something bugged me.

That is a great DVD, RTSS and WOWY were the standouts for me.

hallucination said:
Slane kicks ass over Boston. THe outro of All I Want is You segwaying into Streets is epic and then with the shot of the crowd right as the flood lights explode is amazing. I get chills ever time I watch it.

Same for me. It sent shivers all throught my body. It is the single most awesome moment in history.

david said:
the DVD that came with HTDAAB, show them the banjo version of vertigo.

"Acoustic Bar Mix" I think it was called. I think it's great. I can hear it in my head whenever Vertigo plays.

Yeah, get Slane. :D

Axver said:

Everyone's different really. What would inspire me to get everything - Gone, live Bad, live 11 O'clock Tick Tock - might inspire another person to hit the off switch. But I do think there's something on RAH to convert just about anyone, from the hard rocking darkness of Exit to the gospel choir ISHFWILF.

The first thing that really made me a U2 fan was Rattle & Hum and that was in 1989. I loved it & still do. However, U2 lost me for a little while between 97 & 2001 I listened but didnt purchase anything.(Other things + Pop just didnt do it for me at the time).

I heard Walk on and loved it, then I saw Boston on TV and I was blown away( It was Gone that did it). Now I cant get enough U2! I guess different things inspire at different times.

I now love Pop by the way!

The best Bad performance is from the "Fire In Dortmund" show from November 1984--but I wouldn't say it's a great show to win anyone over. Like most people here, I'd say Slane. The heart & the quality of the show is matched only by the great camera angles & the fun the guys were having. The camera work can get a little crazy now and then, but it's great overall. Plus, you'll get a decent variety from the U2 catalog. Boston's okay, but Bono's voice just isn't as great as in Slane.

Axver said:
Rattle And Hum, don't stuff around with anything else unless it's a burnt DVD of Under A Blood Red Sky.

I was a casual fan with two Best Ofs and ATYCLB when I saw Rattle And Hum. Songs like Exit, WOWY, Streets, and Sunday Bloody Sunday blew me away. Bad literally left me breathless and is why I'm posting here today.

So yeah, don't waste your time with that Elevation stuff. Neither can put a finger on Rattle And Hum.

I didn't rate the version of Bad from Rattle and Hum, they were performing this song far superior on the Unforgettable Fire tour and the live version on the mini cd "Wide Awake In America" is far better than any they did on the following tours. Having said that the versions of Streets, WOWY & Exit off Rattley Bum are 3 of the finest versions of them songs you will ever hear. Sunday Bloody Sunday was better on the Under A Blood Red Sky video.:wink:

Well the first live DVD I saw was Elevation Boston. At that stage I was a pretty big fan anyway but it cemented my love for the band. I adored R&H when I got it first (still do) but I think the stripped-down intimate intensity of the Elevation Tour is probably the best way to enroll beginners :up:

I use to watch Elevation Boston all the time. Then I bought Slane and I think it's much better. The energy was so much better and they seem to enjoy it more. I also have Rattle & Hum.

So, my pick SLANE!

Zoo TV Live From Sidney :drool: .... and ...

POP Mart Live From Santiago de Chile :heart: :happy: :laugh: :love: :rockon: :bump: :bow:

(I really hope someday they´ll release this best ever Pop Mart concert on DVD)

Peace

Back
Top Bottom