Which is the better guitar solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which guitar solo do you prefer?

• All I Want Is You. Grace, power, and emotion.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • The Fly. Noise, feeback, and chaos.

Votes: 92 71.9%
  • Draw. Play'em back to back for the rest of time.

Votes: 18 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Go listen to "All I Want Is You."

Then listen to "The Fly."

Edge at his best.

One is the emotional peak of the song.

The other is more detached, but a perfect flow of notes and controlled mayhem and noise.

Which gets more push out of your pull?

The dizzy solo of The Fly of course!!! I appreciate AIWIY more for the orchestra ending and the beautiful verse lyrics!

right now i'm digging AIWIY.

But I'm enjoying listening to both tunes over, and over and ...

It might change next week.

Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day (the crowd waits for this, delivers perfect)
Miracle Drug (it's power)
Bullet The Blue Sky (particularly the Elevation version, which had a very extensive, heavy and passionate solo, simply amazing)

theu2fly said:
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day (the crowd waits for this, delivers perfect)
Miracle Drug (it's power)
Bullet The Blue Sky (particularly the Elevation version, which had a very extensive, heavy and passionate solo, simply amazing)

I think you were just supposed to choose between AIWIY and The Fly...

All I Want Is You. Best. Solo. Ever. :heart: The sheer emotion of it never fails to get me. I love to crank it up, sit right in front of the speakers, and close my eyes, and just let the music wash over me.

Draw. I get both of them. Although I think their are some better solo's or ones worth talking about that haven't been mentioned. The Live "Bullet the blue Sky" Solo kicks ass when Adam starts playing a different chord(note) underneath... it gets so much more rocking...

I don't know why people are bringing other songs into the equation, but oh well. Voted for The Fly! The solo in that song made me fall in love with AB.

Aygo said:
I voted The Fly, but IMO Edge's best solo is on All Because Of You, with no doubt!

Have you heard The Fool or Street Mission?

The Fly solo is technically better than AIWIY (from a guitar players perspective)

Have you heard The Fool or Street Mission?

The Fly solo is technically better than AIWIY (from a guitar players perspective)

Yes, I have already heard them.
I'm not saying The Fly or AIWIY don't have great solos (I think they're on the greatest ones too and most expressive).
I know too that technically they're more difficult to produce (that thing about being 'better' is very relative, let me tell you), but the ABOY solo is the happiest one IMO. When I heard it for the 1st time I could never stop, and that never happened with any other one...

The Fly, even though I love AIWIY - but The Fly's my fave guitar solo EVER in the world. Seriously. It just does it for me on sooo many levels. I think that's why I fell for Edge, y'know.

Zootlesque said:
Street Mission solo :drool: :drool: :drool: ABOY is nothing compared to that one! Seriously!

Yeah the Street Mission solo is better, but ABOY is more rockin', even though it's much shorter. I dunno. I love 'em both.

As for this poll, The Fly, definitely. Possibly Edge's best solo ever. I may have to learn it 'cause I think I'm gonna try and convince my band to learn how to play The Fly because we're just starting out and The Fly's not too difficult rhythm-wise, is it? (I've been playing guitar for a few years but I'm the only one with experience at anything in my band).

Back
Top Bottom