Which is better for U2 and movie sound tracks? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2002, 09:21 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Which is better for U2 and movie sound tracks?

When U2 composes a new track especially for the movie?

Eg. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me for Batman Forever or In The Name Of The Father for In The Name Of The Father.

OR

When they take an existing track from an album that's going through the charts around the same time as the film is being released?

Eg. Elevation for Tomb Raider or If God Will Send His Angels for City Of Angels.

Old 01-06-2002, 10:34 AM   #2

Local Time: 07:43 PM
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was actually written long before they were approached by the Batman Forever team..it possibly could be traced back to the AB recording sessions but almost certaintly was a contender for Zooropa but didn't fit the albums mood in the end, what I find strange is the song sounds like it was made for that film soundtrack, it sits so comfortably with the movie.....I would have to say I love when U2 creates an original song/soundtrack to fit the theme/story/images of the film..one of their best is Goldeneye..it was a pretty big departure from the sounds of Zooropa and more so POP and I remember being in awe of how flexible Bono and Edge could be in their writing if the situation called for something a bit different than where they tread..likewise Mission Impossible..I guess its fascinating to watch the guys in new surroundings and see what they can conjure up..