which is better: atyclb or arobtth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atyclb or arobtth?

• i like both bands, i love both albums equally

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • i like both bands, vote goes to new coldplay

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • i like both bands, vote goes to atyclb

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • i like both bands, i loath both albums equally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • im so much more into u2, i love both albums equally

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • im so much more into u2, vote goes to new coldplay

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • im so much more into u2, vote goes to atyclb

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • im so much more into u2, i loath both albums equally

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
very much inspired by michael's excellent thread in lemonade stand on the new coldplay album and his pop / kid a poll, i give you similar choices between atyclb and a rush of blood to the head. should be interesting. my vote goes to, like both bands like both albums. but it might eventually turn out that arobtth is the better album. im just not sure yet.

:lol: I didn't even know what that second album was at first! Coldplay is cool. I like their sound. I have thought about getting one of their albums...But I voted for ATYCLB being better.

A Rush of Blood to the Head is undoubtedly the best album out this year. I think it comes one or two great songs short of beating ATYCLB. My favorites are:

Politik (sets a great mood for the disc - completely non-pop sounding)

In My Place - best single off of the album

Clocks - WOW! What a great song that one is...the piano is amazing in there - beautiful experimental new sound for Coldplay. As one of the lyrics goes "nothing else compares"

The Scientist - beautiful ballad

Warning Sign - nice lyrics, good melody. Solid song overall.

Amsterdam and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face are also good, but not great songs.

ATYCLB has more great songs on it than the Coldplay album - Beautiful Day and Walk On trump the best two off of A Rush...after that the two are more comparable. Stuck, Elevation, Kite, Wild Honey, and NY are about as good as the songs listed above, albeit less experimental.

AJ
:up:

I was really NOT impressed by Coldplay's first album, Parachutes, but arobtth is brilliant! These aren't just songs -- they're transport mechanisms! Ok, ok, poor metaphor. But the songs sweep me off my feet. Best album of 2002, easily.

Haha, I've started a new poll format trend! Kidding aside, ATYCLB has been a life saver for me on several occasions, and for that reason it will always be special for me...BUT, we all grow, and we live in different places -- emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally, etc -- throughout our lives. At this moment in time, the new Coldplay album is, for me, the better of the two. It really represents where I'm at in life right now, and ATYCLB won't be left behind, but will be tucked away.

My vote is to move this thread to Lemonade Stand. It is getting very irritating seeing these polls against or for U2 albums.

Also, I see a very dangerous trend happening with now U2 albums being polled against other artist in this forum. This is not why I come to this forum, and that is why Lemonade Stand was created.

Also, it is awesome to see the mods taking a stance against the Pop bashing that has gotten way out of control in this forum as well. It is human nature that we slide to such depths whenever an artist is within their creative process as U2 is right now in the making of their new album. Maybe some of us should think along the same lines, creativity not destructivity.

Chris

spanisheyes said:
My vote is to move this thread to Lemonade Stand. It is getting very irritating seeing these polls against or for U2 albums.

Also, I see a very dangerous trend happening with now U2 albums being polled against other artist in this forum. This is not why I come to this forum, and that is why Lemonade Stand was created.

Also, it is awesome to see the mods taking a stance against the Pop bashing that has gotten way out of control in this forum as well. It is human nature that we slide to such depths whenever an artist is within their creative process as U2 is right now in the making of their new album. Maybe some of us should think along the same lines, creativity not destructivity.

Chris

:yes: What Chris said! :up:

I voted for ATYCLB (I :heart: that album) but I haven't even heard AROBTTH :sad: even though almost everyone I know has recommended it.

I love ATYCLB so much that it would take a really special album to replace it in my favorite albums list.

spanisheyes said:

Chris

this thread has nothing to do with bashing anything u2 related, its just plain fun. seeing how people compare a wonderful album such as atyclb to another wonderful album. everyone can comment and it will be very u2 related and therefore deserves to be in this forum. and i personally dont get "this is not why i come to a u2 forum". can we only talk about them without talking about great other music?? if you dont like this "dangerous trend", please browse 1/2" further down and read the next thread.

Back
Top Bottom