which HTDAAB songs have you had on repeat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_girlie_2002

War Child
Just curious :)

For me:
1) Vertigo
2) Miracle Drug (mainly this one...I LOVE Edge's part)
3) Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4) City of Blinding Lights
5) All Because of You
6) Original of the Species

None. I guess that's the problem I have with this record. I like it but I don't love it enough to need to hear any one song over and over and over. It's never happened for me with a U2 record before. :shrug:

Actually, I play the whole thing from start to finish over and over. To me, its the best U2 album as it seems to flow so smoothly. I also think the songs work much better this way rather than listening to a song over and over on its own.

the whole album here.. only other album i can do it start to finish is Achtung, and maybe pop if i'm not feeling too annoyed at miami

Love and Peace or Else, because it's an asskicking song to pump me up while running.

When not running....Crumbs From Your Table is really catchy and City of Blinding Lights. or I'll just run the whole album start to finish....wil do that more after I burn it with the tracks in a better order.

I can't stop listening to City of Blinding Lights.

MIRACLE DRUG!

I've played it probably 10 times today so far, on repeat. The part of the song where Edge sings and then Bono goes into the last chorus is probably close to musical perfection.

-Miggy

Fast Cars, because I just got my collector's edition, but otherwise, Original of the Species and Crumbs From Your Table.

at first i was disappointed because MD was so heavily hyped. i don't know what i was expecting ... then it grew in my ears, i began to overlook all that "newborn baby's head" silliness (he sings it so well anyway), and now its probably the best song on the album. edge's part is as thrilling as anything they've ever recorded.

or anything ever recorded. it's up there with bruce's countdown in "born to run" or the guitar solo in "let it be."

U2_Muse said:
Fast Cars, because I just got my collector's edition, but otherwise, Original of the Species and Crumbs From Your Table.

I would love to hear Fast Cars. I've heard too many good things about it. But, alas, I bought the regular old version, not the import. That and the song on the Vertigo single. :)

Miggy D said:
You can snag 'em for 20-some odd dollars. Then you get the DVD and the book too! :)

-Miggy D

I saw it at Walmart for $25...*sigh* I was being cheap that day
:lol:
Maybe it'll be a b-side for the next single! *hopes*

Does the collectors edition have Fast Cars, even in the US? (I actually had the "regular" version first, and then the collectors - but I haven't played the collectors cd!)

Anyway, I keep playing the whole album too - nothing to skip over on this one in my opinion. (But if I had to play 1 song if would be AMAAW - absolutely love that!)

Fast Cars - it's the last song I got once it leaked.

u2grace said:
Does the collectors edition have Fast Cars, even in the US? (I actually had the "regular" version first, and then the collectors - but I haven't played the collectors cd!)

Yes, it is on the collector's in the US. Since you have both versions you can get just switch the cds so you have the version with Fast Cars in the regular case. Then just use the cd w/o Fast Cars as the "cover" for the collector's.

Oh and to answer the question, I am still listening to all songs about evenly.

I'm actually going through a phase I ALWAYS go through whenever a new U2 album comes out...

Now that the album's been out for about three weeks or so (I got it when it leaked online), I barely listen to it, at all. Instead of spinning it all the time, I'm ALL KINDS of into the older U2 music. I've been listening to EVERYTHING (except for All That I Can And Will Leave Behind While Trying To Forget It Ever Existed) else the band has put out NON-STOP. Tons of bootlegs new and old, all the old albums, the old singles....nearly everything.

The only new song I'm still listening to on repeat is "Mercy"--over 50 times on my playlist this week, alone. Before that, though, I was all over "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own," "Love And Peace Or Else," "City Of Blinding Lights," and, yes, "Yahweh." Booyakasha.

Back
Top Bottom