Which Era is U2's Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Era is U2's Best?

• Boy - War

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Unforgettable Fire - Rattle And Hum

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Achtung, Baby! - Pop

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 12 13.0%

• Total voters
U2Kitten said:
I just don't see why you didn't make it a separate category. You are allowed up to 30 poll options:)

Then technically, according to that line of thinking, it should have looked like this:

Boy-October
War
Unforgettable Fire-Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby-Zooropa
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind-How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

It just seems unnecessary to chop it up into so many eras when there are many series of albums that share common threads. Am I taking crazy pills or does anyone agree with me here?

-Miggy D

Gotta go w/ Zoo TV stuff

there absolute peak, i don't care for PopMart much either.

What band could start off with a song like Zoo Station, have a middle w/ older stuff, and have a guy named MacPhisto close the show w/ a phone call and couple of songs?

...only U2:wink:

U2Kitten said:
I just don't see why you didn't make it a separate category. You are allowed up to 30 poll options:)

Jesus, why not split the albums up while your at it. Pop belongs with the era it is in, AB, Zooropa & Pop. Or do you think that Pop belongs with ATYCLB & HTDAAB, or AB belongs with the Joshua Tree&Rattley Bum......mmmmm don't think so somehow.

Miggy D you are spot on with your era divides!

Voted Achtung Baby - Pop, but also love so much Boy - War era and strongly considered this one.
If there was only another vote... :sad: ;)

Miggy D said:

Then technically, according to that line of thinking, it should have looked like this:

Boy-October
War
Unforgettable Fire-Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby-Zooropa
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind-How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

It just seems unnecessary to chop it up into so many eras when there are many series of albums that share common threads. Am I taking crazy pills or does anyone agree with me here?

-Miggy D

Much better, that's what I've had done, except I'd have put WAIA with UF and JT with R&H. Pop was like nothing else and belongs in a category all its own.

Back
Top Bottom