Which ending of One do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what is the better way to close the song?

• "hear us coming love" older ending

Votes: 45 70.3%
  • "no them, there's only us" newer ending used lately

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • I like both, can't really pick

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
The old or the new?

*edited to add :up: for American prayer and 46664.

Last edited:
I voted the third option :x

I know, I know...it's a bit of a cop-out. But the reason being, is that while I really like all the ZooTV performances with the former ending, my favorite performance of "One" is from the Special Olympics. I had never heard the "no them, there's only us" ending before, and it just sounded so awesome! Plus I find it a wee bit more uplifting.

So yeeeeeeaaaaah, to sum it up: If I had the option of deciding which ending the band would play, I'd say "here us coming love." However, due to my favorite performance of the song being at the Special Olympics with the "no them, there's only us" ending, I honestly, really, truly cannot decide which is *my* favorite ending to the song.

^^^^ far too many words than what was needed. i like to ramble :huh:

:p

I liked both, too.

However...I think I favor the "No them, there's only us" a little more, simply because it added to one of many meanings of this song.

Plus, it got me all emotional, which, while I love "One", had never happened to me before when I listened to it, and therefore caused me to appreciate the song even more than I already did.

Angela

I thought it was Lord too, and that's the one I voted for. :)

Axver said:
I thought it was "hear us coming Lord" ...
He might say both, depending on the performance.

I didn't vote because I haven't heard the newer ending; how long have they been playing it?

They played it on Special olympics, Bono solo in Modena and now, at 46664 event.

:D a nisi opazu ko si prvi? pisal v tej anketi? lepo je sre?at Slovence ... a si mogo?e tut na slovenijaboard kot larry?

Kolikor se jest spomnim, sem do zdaj videla 3: martica, klemen (ampak ta dva ?e zelo dolgo nista tukaj pisala) in markoajda - ki je tut na slovenijaboard.

Za premium member je bilo tako, da je bilo na izbiro in kdor je hotel je pla?al in je imel dolo?ene dodatne ugodnosti, kdor pa ni, ima manj funkcij na izbiro. Je bila pa tut mo?nost, da je kdo pla?al zate oziroma te je "sponzoriral" - in to se je zgodilo v mojem primeru in sem potem kasneje poslala denar po po?ti Elvisu - vodji tega foruma - ker nisem hotela imeti ob?utka, da sem kaj dol?na.

?e klikne? na "subscribe" zgoraj, bo to verjetno vse skupaj malo manj komplicirano razlo?eno. :)

Kar se pa tice One pa se nagibam k staremu nacinu koncanja pesmi (in ne mislt, da mi nov nacin ni vsec). Aja a ne poje Bono "coming Lord" nevem tko jest slism?:hmm:

*looks lost and confused*

Care to speak German? I actually understand that (a bit)! Hehe.

While the meaning behind the new lyrics is nice, and maybe more appropriate, my ears are used to the old version. That's the one I like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom