Which Elevation song is this from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
I just love this photo. Does anyone remember what song this is from? Thanks...

intotheheart.jpg

--
Into the heart
Into the heart of a child
I can go back
I can stay awhile

I *think* that's from New Year's Day. But I could be wrong...

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"I looked like a baked bean when I was a kid. I really did."
-Bono

"I am not taking my clothes off!"
-Larry, when asked at the end of the interview to give the
crowd something they could take home with them

Hrm. *scratches head* Well, it can't be Beautiful Day, Elevation, or Until the end of the world, because he's not wearing glasses, and his mike is on a stand. It can't be Kite, One, or Walk on, because he doesn't have a guitar. The lighting is very bright, so it could be Streets or Pride. I don't think it was Out of Control, because I only saw them do that at LA3, and I saw Bono do this at least twice. New Year's Day wasn't performed at LA3, but that's a good guess. In a Little While is a good candidate, but they didn't do that song at any of the three 3rd leg shows I saw.

The word "heart" appears in the following songs performed at the three Elevation 3rd leg tour shows I saw. (Sorry I didn't do this investigative work first--I thought sure someone would know).
smile.gif

Wild Horses (LA3)
Beautiful Day (all)
Walk On (all)
Bad (hm, is this it?) (Vegas/LA3)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (all)

So after looking into this further, my guess is Bad. Any other guesses, or did I officially just kill this thread?
biggrin.gif

--
Well you left my heart
Empty as a vacant lot
For any spirit to haunt

I would have to say Pride if my memory recollects me, in which the heart refers to love. But then again, I know during Pride he would grab his heart as a symbol of love, and throw it out to the audience. So, I don't think I've answered your question, but muddied the water more. Boy I miss my memory.

Chris

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take people's minds through it." --Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

I think he did this during Pride at the show I was at in Hamilton, but the lighting to me looks like Streets.

I think it's from Streets. The lighting looks like the rotating lights of streets and at the final show in Miami he did that during Streets. So thats my educated guess. I could be wrong though.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
I think it's from Streets. The lighting looks like the rotating lights of streets and at the final show in Miami he did that during Streets. So thats my educated guess. I could be wrong though.

Hmmm...I think you're right.

98 percent sure it's from Streets. In the three shows I saw on the third leg, Bono didn't run around the heart near the end of the song like he did on the first leg. Instead, he made that symbol on his chest.

definitely Pride
it can't be Beautiful Day, Bono doesn't have his shades, nor can it be One or Walk On, since he plays guitar during those songs.

In Miami the heart sign was indeed used during Streets. That would be my bet.

I was watching an Elevation video today and it was definitely "Streets". Bono also sang a couple of drawn out "la a a ove"'s where he would usually sing "oh ah ah ah ah, where the streets have not name..." near the end.

Back
Top Bottom